[90% Solved] Hibernatemode 25 successfully working on Intel HD 630 iGPU, but glitch issues on first wake screen.

shl628

5 posts in this topic

Hello. 🙂

I am using only Intel HD Graphics 630 iGPU alone without dGPU in macOS Ventura 13.x

And, I have known for a long time that sleeping and waking in macOS doesn't work well when using only Intel HD 530 / HD 630 iGPU without dGPU on a desktop computer.

But, depending on whether the SMBus is loaded or not, the operation results of the Sleep and Wake functions will vary.
When SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml is loaded, the screen comes on well when the computer wakes up after entering sleep, but the cooler fan does not turn off even after entering sleep.

(Note, the above issue occurs in the normal sleep mode corresponding to Hibernatemode 0.)

Then recently, I succeeded in setting the following and operating Hibernation 25 mode.

• Remove SSDT loading SMBus (e.g. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml)
  • 'sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25' in Terminal
  • HibernateMode : NVRAM in Config.plist - Misc - Boot

(Additionally, I tried Hibernatemode 3 with the same setting above, but like Hibernatemode 0, there are also black screen problems and automatic reboot problems when waking up from sleep.)

However, there is a problem that a blue glitch screen appears on the first screen of booting from the OpenCore bootloader to macOS when waking up from Hibernatemode 25 sleep mode.

image.thumb.jpeg.07fb351a03197b7bbf59feddad06f8cf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.324e6a1cb9686124913f504bdb8f72bd.jpeg

When I pressed the screen capture shortcut, I heard a click sound, so I rebooted and looked at the desktop, and the login GUI screen was normally captured and saved.

The workaround for this issue is to give no input to the keyboard and mouse until the glitch appears and the signal disappears from the monitor screen.

After the screen is turned off, click the mouse again or press any key on the keyboard to wake the screen up, and the login GUI screen in macOS will display normally after that.

To sum up the above, I succeeded in operating Hibernation 25 sleep mode on the Intel HD 630 iGPU, but there was a glitch screen when waking up from sleep mode, so I removed the signal on the display and when the signal came back in, the screen will output normally.

I tried boot args such as dc6config=0 -nodisplaysleepDC6 forceRenderStandby=0 igfxfcms=1 igfxpavp=1 igfxonln=1, but they were not resolved.

And, I couldn't solve it even if I set the FBEnableDynamicCDCLK flag to both True and False in KBL Framebuffer's Flags.

Also, I tried -hbfx-disable-patch-pci boot arg using HibernationFixup.kext, but the problem was not solved... (@_@)

Does anyone have any solutions, tips or suggestions for this issue?

Config-HD630-Hibernation25-Glitch.zip

Edited by shl628
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I found something interesting after doing various research and attempts.

1. When I add AAPL,GfxYTile = 01000000 (Data) properties, a black screen appears instead of a blue glitch screen.
Of course, if no input is given to the mouse or keyboard and the monitor signal is lost, wake the screen again and the screen will come back up normally.

2. And, once I've done the above solution, the next time I wake up from sleep, there's no glitch or black screen problem.

This means that after fixing the glitch issue once, Hibernation 25 sleep mode works perfectly.
However, when I reset the NVRAM, the glitch or black screen problem occurs again.

Edited by shl628

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

@shl628 I've been looking into fixing Hibernatemode on my Laptop and what helped with blackscreen after wake was adding a reserved memory region (Quirk RebuildAppleMemoryMap  has to be disabled):

Fix_Blackscreen.plist

Optional: Enable DiscardHibernateMap if blackscreen issue happens after attempting to wake from a 2nd round of hibernation. But this is usually only the case for Ivy Bridge CPUs.

If the issue persist, you may want to have a look into HibernationFixup.kext and the NVRAM Parameters it provides.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 3