HDMI issue on SKL laptop spoofed as KBL with macOS Sonoma

Francesco Guagnano

83 posts in this topic

@Francesco Guagnano Since you are already using device-id 0x5916 and Frame Buffer 0x59160000, have you considered changing your SMBIOS to MBP15,2?  This SMBIOS natively supports Sonoma (no need for -no_compat_check, no need for OCLP).  As you have done, you don't need to touch con0 and you should only need to change con1 port type to HDMI.  

I prefer to stick with discrete DeviceProperties (don't like alldata because it makes us extract and interpret your data), so I won't attempt to modify your config.plist, but if you spoof MBP15,2, you may only need the following DeviceProperties (see attachment):

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-12-01at11_58_30AM.png.ee78f2613b87feea110408d96d34a30a.png

EDIT: You may even be able to try these Device Properties without changing your SMBIOS.  Maybe try the update DeviceProperties first and then if they don't work, try spoofing MBP15,2.

EDIT2: graphic-options DeviceProperty is cosmetic (unnecessary) and is a carryover from some of my other hacks.

config.plist.zip

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Francesco Guagnano said:

Hi @deeveedee, unfortunately using your suggestions nothing changed. I attach my config.plist after your modifications and a video which explains better what's happening.

config.plist 25.78 kB · 1 download

One of my friends Lenovo uses these Device Properties , i think try once using USB backup EFI, may its work for you 

SKL to KBL igpu 520 to 620 have to work  

Lenovo V130 15IKB i3 Kaby Lake
CPU i3 -7020U Kaby Lake-R
Gpu Intel HD 620

igfxonln=1 agdpmod=vit9696 igfxagdc=0 -wegnoegpu (Boot-argd)

config.plist

• Like 1

@Francesco Guagnano Try @datafeedexpert 's suggestion - maybe the problem is the frame buffer ID.

If datafeedexpert's suggestions doesn't work, have you been able to run any previous versions of macOS on your laptop (e.g., were you able to run Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura before attempting Sonoma)?

@datafeedexpert unfortunately that config.plist props with boot-args don't work, I have the same issue.

@deeveedee I have the hackintosh as of 2020 starting with Catalina and then upgrading every year to next versions Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura. Using the previous OS I didn't have any issue but after I upgraded to Sonoma I had it.

@Francesco Guagnano If your graphics works without issues in Ventura, then I don't think that your issues are being caused by your graphics DeviceProperties.  There is more to installing Sonoma than setting boot-arg -no_compat_check.  It seems like you know what you are doing.  Have you tried changing your SMBIOS to MBP15,2?

EDIT: While you are debugging, add boot-arg -v so you can see any potential issues with the boot cycle. Also make sure that all of your kexts are updated to the latest versions for Sonoma compatibility. 

Edited by deeveedee

Well, I can say: Framebuffepatch injection is working:

12:713 00:050 OC: Setting devprop PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):AAPL,ig-platform-id - Success
12:764 00:050 OC: Setting devprop PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):device-id - Success
12:817 00:052 OC: Setting devprop PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):framebuffer-patch-enable - Success
12:867 00:050 OC: Setting devprop PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):framebuffer-stolenmem - Success
12:918 00:050 OC: Setting devprop PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):framebuffer-fbmem - Success
12:969 00:050 OC: Setting devprop PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):framebuffer-con1-enable - Success
13:019 00:050 OC: Setting devprop PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):framebuffer-con1-alldata - Success

The thing is: I told you more than once what has to be done to a) get Skylake graphics working properly in Sonoma and b) how to patch connectors.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye

Ask yourself:

• What is the "graphic-options" property doing in the framebuffer?
  • Why are using a DESKTOP framebuffer on a Laptop?

As far as connector patch is concerend: I've send you one. It took me days to write it. Whether you read and follow it or not, is up to you: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/11_Graphics/iGPU/Framebuffer_Patching/README.md

49 minutes ago, Francesco Guagnano said:

I followed that guide last time without success. What I have to do in the specific to create a working connector patch? Because my case is the third case of the guide but applying the flags described doesn’t work.

Here are the 4 kabylake laptop config with device properties | boot-args | SMBIOS i think all models have same device properties, you can use as reference / try using these device properties ....  

HP Pavilion 14 CE0XXX.plist Lenovo V130 15IKB.plist Sony Vaio VJF155F11X..plist Lenovo IdeaPad 330.plist

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Ask yourself:

• What is the "graphic-options" property doing in the framebuffer?
  • Why are using a DESKTOP framebuffer on a Laptop?

As far as connector patch is concerend: I've send you one. It took me days to write it. Whether you read and follow it or not, is up to you: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/11_Graphics/iGPU/Framebuffer_Patching/README.md

@cankiulascmnfye
1) I’m not using “graphic-options” property

2) I’m using a LAPTOP framebuffer as u cane see here https://github.com/ciccio-90/Lenovo_V110-15ISK_Hackintosh_OpenCore_macOS_Sonoma/blob/main/EFI/OC/config.plist

3) I have read, understood and followed your guide as I said applying the flags connector as u describe in the third use case which is my issue case but your suggestion in that guide does not work for me

16 minutes ago, datafeedexpert said:

Here are the 4 kabylake laptop config with device properties | boot-args | SMBIOS i think all models have same device properties, you can use as reference / try using these device properties ....  

HP Pavilion 14 CE0XXX.plist 1.36 kB · 0 downloads Lenovo V130 15IKB.plist 1.37 kB · 0 downloads Sony Vaio VJF155F11X..plist 1.22 kB · 0 downloads Lenovo IdeaPad 330.plist 1.36 kB · 0 downloads

@datafeedexpert

I will try all of them. Thanks.

Edited by Francesco Guagnano

@Francesco Guagnano Is the EFI posted in your github repo the same EFI that works with Ventura?  If not, could you please post the OC config.plist that you have used successfully with Ventura 13.6.1?  Thank you.

Edited by deeveedee

Try the other device IDs (convert them to Little Endian first!)

Native supported DevIDs:

• 0x1916 = 00001619 (current)
  • 0x191E = 00001E19
  • 0x1926 00002619 and so on
  • 0x1927
  • 0x1912
  • 0x1932
  • 0x1902
  • 0x1917
  • 0x193B
  • 0x191B

Don't add any random framebuffer patches from other systems blindly to your config! Understand the priniple behind it.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye