Rx580 fans

lordmacbr

5 posts in this topic

hello friends, I installed an Asus RX580 on my machine and I noticed that the fans don't move. Does anyone know how to solve it, if that's the case, if they only work after a certain temperature, if I missed some setting in the Bios? I'm using Ventura OS, my motherboard is a z87-k and I have the latest version of OC and updated kexts.

Hi

I also have a Sapphire RX580 and it is normal the fans don't move because the temperature is low.

If you want to be sure you graphic card is OK , try this, do a stressing activity such as playing a video game and check out if the fans are moving.

Good luck!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lordmacbr said:

hello friends, I installed an Asus RX580 on my machine and I noticed that the fans don't move. Does anyone know how to solve it, if that's the case, if they only work after a certain temperature, if I missed some setting in the Bios? I'm using Ventura OS, my motherboard is a z87-k and I have the latest version of OC and updated kexts.

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 and it's fans are OFF during idle but wind up when under load such as encoding a movie to HEVC or H.264.

So put some load on the GPU and check.

PS. I use the attached Menu Bar App that shows the some of the AMD GPU stats in the menu bar.

I believe it's written by use @mitch_de but there are no source code. Exit the App before putting your system to sleep as the App crashes on wake (not the system)

AMD GPU Menue V0.85.app.zip

• Like 1