Asus Laptop G51JX Aptio Legacy Bios won't complete boot into Ventura

oSxFr33k

53 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, oSxFr33k said:

-One question should I be loading RestrictAgents.kext, FeatureUnlock.kext and RSRHelper.kext under Catalina with OpenCore, I believe you load them in your latest OC v0.8.8, I am using v0.9.3.  Will the more current versions of OC boot your system?

Just to re-emphasize - please read my thread very carefully.  This question is answered here.  I am only using OC 0.9.3 now.  Be sure to continue monitoring my thread for any updates if you want to follow my progress.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

@deeveedee

Some progress:

-Finally boot into Hi-Sierra with Opencore v0.9.3 and DSDT but USB is broken cannot figure out why, I know DSDT is patched correctly, VERY FAST BOOT.

-I am actually able to boot Hi-Sierra with BigSur/Ventura Opencore with SSDT's as well with USB working, boot is very quick.

-I know why I had a hard time booting Catalina with Opencore and DSDT, must be because I have DosDude1's patched Catalina.  To test this theory I will have to install Catalina without DosDude1's patching.

-Still unable to load AGPM must be because of unknown processor.

-I tried with CPUID Mask in kernel emulate using CPUID from a real MBP6,2 i7-640M ID no luck.

-FInd attached Congis/Ioregs for both boot scenarios and OC EFI that boots all MacOS's

-I will spend more time reading through all of your Guides in the next few weeks.

-WHat other way is there to Spoof CPU other than CPUID Mask?  SSDT? CPUFriend? I would really appreciate help with this one Google search finds nothing for Arrendale.

Thanks!

Edited:

Swapped out i7-940QM back to i7-740M still no AGPM weird,I think it's the same CPUID as the i7-640M, after doing more reviewing theCPU information both my i7's are quad and the 640m is dual core.

Ioreg and Configs Opencore Boot with and without DSDT.zip

EFI_G51JX_GTX_360M.zip

Edited by oSxFr33k

I was curious I removed my USBports.kext and only used my SSDT EH01/EH02 I posted above the before and after and all my USB ports are 100% fully functional.  I have only 4 USB ports and two hubs so I don't have the 15 port limit on either one so what's the point of having it and why do I have to have the ports labelled with PR etc?  See screenshots.

image.thumb.png.24c04f6061fda6610f92efb5566d2b25.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 9.09.59 AM.png