Asus Laptop G51JX Aptio Legacy Bios won't complete boot into Ventura

oSxFr33k

53 posts in this topic

Upgraded processor from i7-720m to i7-920XM Clarkdale in the Westmere family.  GPU is Nvida GTX 330M.  Intel Integrated Graphics disabled by Asus only Discreet Graphics.

Catalina Dosdude installer runs flawless, except shutdown never powers off but recently found a fix from Deeveedee's link below, for now the issue is booting into Ventura.

Pre-installed Ventura from another similar Mac to avoid any long install delays on older processor and older USB2.

EFI and Debug Logs attached.

Tried both VIrtualSMC with flag VSMCGEN=1 for legacy bios, and FakeSMC.  FakeSMC just reboots every time for me.

Enabled Debug for OC and VirtualSMC, I can't see what is holding up the boot process, see attached log.

Some Fantastic resources linked below to help me out with configuring the OCLP files and config. Thanks to these users who have posted these guides and to the OC/OCLP team for sharing their incredible work.

Original link to my Clover post I have not tried AMFIPass.kext yet.

Ultimate guide for installing MacOS Ventura on older Intel CPU's. Thanks to cankiulascmnfye

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/Nehalem-Westmere_Ventura.md

Thanks to MacNB for linking Deeveedee's post.

Deeveedee's very resourceful post

Fusion71au's great post

opencore-2023-06-24-054806.txt.zip EFI.zip

I believe I have finally resolved this will have a Guide soon.  Just stuck on getting the Nvidia GTX 330m to boot with acceleration, will only boot to Mac Desktop with the flag nv_disable=1, vesa mode for now. 

Edited by oSxFr33k
  • Like 1

Congrats on your progress.   I took a quick look at your EFI and have the following observations:

• ACPI
    • You shouldn't need SSDT-PLUG for MBP6,2
    • You shouldn't need SSDT-USBX for MBP6,2 (I have it in my ACPI folder, but not enabled in config.plist)
    • You shouldn't need SSDT-PMC for MBP6,2
    • Depending on how macOS detects your dGPU, you may need to inject additional graphics properties (see my SSDT-GFX0 and look at _DSM).  I spoof device-id pci10de,a29 (my dGPU was not a native macOS device).  My NVCAP is calculated using 1Revenger1's tools as mentioned in my thread.
  • Kernel
    • I didn't find any benefit with using WhateverGreen with NVidia graphics.  You shouldn't need it if your ACPI patches are thorough.

Glad to see you are patient and persistent.  Your persistence will pay off!

Edited by deeveedee

8 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Congrats on your progress.   I took a quick look at your EFI and have the following observations:

• ACPI
    • You shouldn't need SSDT-PLUG for MBP6,2
    • You shouldn't need SSDT-USBX for MBP6,2 (I have it in my ACPI folder, but not enabled in config.plist)
    • You shouldn't need SSDT-PMC for MBP6,2
    • Depending on how macOS detects your dGPU, you may need to inject additional graphics properties (see my SSDT-GFX0 and look at _DSM).  I spoof device-id pci10de,a29 (my dGPU was not a native macOS device).  My NVCAP is calculated using 1Revenger1's tools as mentioned in my thread.
  • Kernel
    • I didn't find any benefit with using WhateverGreen with NVidia graphics.  You shouldn't need it if your ACPI patches are thorough.

Glad to see you are patient and persistent.  Your persistence will pay off!

I looked at my Nvcap from MacOS Catalina from IOregistry Explorer will that suffice?   I can’t find a rom download for my laptop GTX 360M.  Made a mistake it’s not the 330M.  I will remove those two ACPI files from Config.  For brightness to work with Nvidia only I believe I will need PNLF with another kext that whatevergreen does not support.  It’s an original rehabman kext that works flawlessly on my Asus G750JX GTX 770M with PNLF and the Rehabman brightness kext I hacked to work for discreet graphics brightness have to rename GFX0 to IGPU in ACPI and change GFX0 to IGPU in PNLF a trick I learned not to many know about.  I even have the Apple Brightness Animation show up on the desktop.   Does whatevergreen do some additional renaming of items for you so you don’t have to do so in Config ACPI?

How did you extract your GPU rom on a PC Laptop if TechPowerUp does not have it.  

Edited by oSxFr33k

Congrats on your getting it to work on Ventura! That's no easy feat I can tell you.

As for the Nvidia acceleration you could just try using npci=0x2000 for the boot-arg and see what pops up (don't forget to remove nv_disable=1).

For the rest you could try this boot-arg which worked with my Asus Vivo VM40B Celeron setup on Ventura:
-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 smcgen=1 -lilubetaall vsmcbeta -no_compat_check

@oSxFr33k You can see my NVCAP methodology in my thread, including this post.  If your NVidia graphics card is not a natively supported MBP6,2 card (see here), then spoof the device-id as I have indicated in my previous post.  If the detected NVCAP (the one in IORegistry) is working well for you, then you may be able to leave it as is.  You can always experiment with NVCAP later.

@Middleman -lilubetaall and -vsmcbeta (don't forget the "-") shouldn't be necessary when using the latest Acidanthera kexts.  All current Acidanthera kexts support Sonoma and below.  What do you think is the benefit of using those boot-args?

Edited by deeveedee

@deeveedee I did another fresh install was not happy with the first one for some reason.   My current WIFI card is Dell DW1510 and thought with OCLP Legacy Wifi install it would be supported but I don't think the Airport Fix-up will support it?  I moved to the exact same card your using the BMS94352HMB which are stock in my other Asus Laptop G750JX.  The WIFI is enabled but can't find any connections weird.  Maybe my Bios does not like the card?

Back to getting Nvidia to boot in Acceleration mode which I can't seem to get this to work, seems to only boot into Desktop in Vesa mode.  The boot into Acceleration mode just halts in verbose.

I was able to get an extracted Vbios Rom after booting back to Catalina and running Darwin Dumper, not sure how to capture the Vbios in Clover?  I have used the Nvcap utility but not sure what to assign to each head I just went with default.

Here is a list of the DCB entries and Nvcap Calculations by default.  Hope do you know exactly what to assign to each head?  I have an HDMI and VGA port that is it for external video ports.

DCB Entry 0x0
Type: LVDS (0x3) EdidPort: 2 Head: 3 Connector: 0 Bus: 0 Loc: 0
BDR: 0 BBDR: 0 Resources: 1 Virtual: false
DCB Entry 0x1
Type: CRT (0x0) EdidPort: 0 Head: 3 Connector: 4 Bus: 1 Loc: 0
BDR: 0 BBDR: 0 Resources: 2 Virtual: false
DCB Entry 0x2
Type: TMDS (0x2) EdidPort: 6 Head: 3 Connector: 1 Bus: 2 Loc: 0
BDR: 0 BBDR: 0 Resources: 2 Virtual: false
DCB Entry 0x3
Type: DisplayPort (0x6) EdidPort: 3 Head: 3 Connector: 3 Bus: 3 Loc: 0
BDR: 0 BBDR: 0 Resources: 4 Virtual: false

Displays:
(1) Type: LVDS    	Supported Heads: 1, 2
(2) Type: Analog    	Supported Heads: 1, 2
(3) Type: Digital    	Supported Heads: 1, 2
(4) Type: Digital    	Supported Heads: 1, 2

NVCAP Heads:
1 - [1]
2 - [2,3,4]

(1) Add/remove displays from head
(2) Mobile: true
(3) Version: 5
(4) Composite: false
(5) Script Based Power/Backlight: false
(6) Field F: 0xf

The NVCAP this generates by default is:

05010000 00000100 0E000000 0000000F 00000000

This is the one my SSDT has for Catalina which I believe is correct?

05010000 00000100 06000000 0000000F 00000000

Here are the settings I have for Ventura OC Device properties:

Should I change @1,Composite to the fake the GPU as pci10de,a29 instead of NVDA,NVMac

image.png.77ec315fd889338f8af7a3cfe0d959d5.png

Edited by oSxFr33k

@oSxFr33k When I last used CLOVER, there was an option to press a function key to dump vbios (analogous to the function key to dump ACPI).  I experimented with NVCAP as described in my thread (see here and here ), so my only advice is to try different display/head assignments to see what works best for you.  Look in my SSDT-GFX0 to see my NVCAP value.

You will need to spoof one of the MacBookPro6,2 supported NVidia device-ids as I indicated to you before.  Look at my SSDT-GFX0 to see how I did it.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@oSxFr33k When I last used CLOVER, there was an option to press a function key to dump vbios (analogous to the function key to dump ACPI).  I experimented with NVCAP as described in my thread (see here and here ), so my only advice is to try different display/head assignments to see what works best for you.  Look in my SSDT-GFX0 to see my NVCAP value.

You will need to spoof one of the MacBookPro6,2 supported NVidia device-ids as I indicated to you before.  Look at my SSDT-GFX0 to see how I did it.

I looked over your GFX0 SSDT before I posted here.  You are using the spoof PCI address I posted above.   Which works better the DeviceProperties in clover config or the SSDT?  My G750JX haswell laptop has a GTX 770M and I added all the SSDT information into the deviceproperties of the OC config and it works well.  I just don’t know what will work better for the GTX 360M,  I’ll have to try both.  

Never-mind about @1,Compatible question I see that has nothing to do with the code you have in your SSDT just not sure how to enter the spoof property into OC config. 

Edited by oSxFr33k

@oSxFr33k SSDT or DeviceProperties is a personal preference.  You can use whichever works best for you.  I prefer an SSDT because it was easier for me at the time.  You will need to experiment with the graphics device properties as I indicated here to see which works best for you.  When you have a question, please post your current EFI with your question.  It will help me to better answer your questions.  Also, use IORegistryExplorer 2.1 (attached) and post a full dump of your IORegistry.

IORegistryExplorer.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

@oSxFr33k SSDT or DeviceProperties is a personal preference.  You can use whichever works best for you.  I prefer an SSDT because it was easier for me at the time.  You will need to experiment with the graphics device properties as I indicated here to see which works best for you.  When you have a question, please post your current EFI with your question.  It will help me to better answer your questions.  Also, use IORegistryExplorer 2.1 (attached) and post a full dump of your IORegistry.

IORegistryExplorer.zip 252.53 kB · 0 downloads

keep in mind this ioreg is the one I boot with nv_disable=1 and with deviceproperties enabled otherwise I can't boot into the other EFI, but I have attached the EFI that I am trying to boot with with DeviceProperties disabled and my 'SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG3.aml' enabled.  BTW with whatevergreen it boots to blackscreen and without it, stays stuck in verbose does nothing.  I tried some whatergreen boot arguments such as addpmod=pikera or agdpmod=vit9696 as well as ngfxcompat=1 with any or a combination it still boots to black screen with whatevergreen.

G51JX_EFI_IOREG.zip

@oSxFr33k My hack boots with WhateverGreen, but I didn't find that it was necessary, so I deleted it.  boot-args agdpmod=pikera or agdpmod=vit9696 should not be applicable to your MBP6,2.

I looked at your IOReg dump and observed the following:

1. CPBG is still being identified.  OCLP disables CPBG for MBP6,2 using the SSDT-CPBG (which you have disabled)
  2. AGPMEnabler is not being loaded for your CPU.  Do you need to spoof a CPU device-id?  I'm not sure, but you may need to look at that if your CPU is not recognized natively by macOS.
  3. AppleACPIEC is not being loaded for your EC.  Is your EC patching correct?
  4. You are not spoofing your NVidia graphics correctly.
  5. Your IOReg dump shows a detected device PMCR.  I'm not sure how that is possible in this legacy hack.  Does your original DSDT include device PMCR? Your config.plist shows that SSDT-PMC is disabled.  Are you certain that the EFI you posted goes with the IOReg dump that you posted?

I don't have time to look more now, but this list should keep you busy for a while.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

@oSxFr33k I added comment 5 in my previous post.  Please confirm that the EFI you posted is the most current and that it corresponds to the IORegistry dump that you posted.  Also, please post your original DSDT (the DSDT you extracted with CLOVER without any edits).

• Like 1

For NVCAP, I think the value that NVCAP Calc gives is correct. You do want the LVDS display to have it's own head, since that's the internal display and it will always exist. That's why NVCAP Calc auto assigns the LVDS display to the first head and then shoves everything else on to the other head.

• Like 2

EDIT: @oSxFr33k I deleted my original comments in this post, because after closer inspection of your IOReg dump, I see that your hack does have Device (SBRG) and not Device (LPCB).  The DSDT that is in your ACPI folder must be from another hack (not yours).

When you get a chance, please post your original, unpatched DSDT.  Thanks.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

EDIT: @oSxFr33k I deleted my original comments in this post, because after closer inspection of your IOReg dump, I see that your hack does have Device (SBRG) and not Device (LPCB).  The DSDT that is in your ACPI folder must be from another hack (not yours).

When you get a chance, please post your original, unpatched DSDT.  Thanks.

Actually that is the DSDT I am using in Catalina that EmilyDinesh from OsxLatitude group and I perfected several years ago.   I used SSDTTIme from a native DSDT to create those current SSDTs you see in the EFI folder now.  Now that I think more about this that DSDT you see in EFI was perfected for Hi Sierra and I just used it for DOsDude's patched Catalina and seems to work great but really never checked IOregistry in Catalina, I should have but never did.  I can get you more files later but for now let me make sure all the edits are correct for the boot of the flash drive with nv_disable=1 and that the Ioregistry is from that boot.  I can also include the clover EFI and IO registry from Catalina.  As far as I can tell the spoof script I copied from you SSDT to my SSDT with PEG in the filename should be correct just not loaded using the boot from flash drive but I  will if I can load that SSDT with nv_disable=1 to see what it looks like in IOregistry.   Do I need to enable the SSDT-CPBG?  The PMC SSDT I think you said before when you had a quick look at my EFI from your thread was that it should not be needed.   I need to investigate the AGPMEnable and AppleACPIEC.  This will be later tonigh just got to work.

Edited by oSxFr33k

@oSxFr33k I chose to abandon the custom DSDT that I used with CLOVER because I wanted the challenge.  When I was using DosDude's patcher with Mojave and Catalina, I used a custom DSDT.  See here.  Have you tested your DSDT with Big Sur?  You should be able to start with your DSDT and make the following changes:

• Disable CPBG
  • Add NVidia patches

I found it easier to start with Big Sur (before attempting Monterey and Ventura).  If you continue to struggle with your SSDT patching approach, it might not be a bad idea for you to revert to what you know (DSDT) and to test first with Big Sur.  In my opinion, it is MUCH harder to implement ACPI patches with SSDTs on our older hacks (because they typically require so many patches).  I do prefer SSDTs, because I think that the changes are much more readable (if done correctly, the SSDT shows exactly what should be patched).

If you do test a custom DSDT, you'll want to disable your SSDTs and enable ACPI > Quirks > RebaseRegions.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@oSxFr33k I chose to abandon the custom DSDT that I used with CLOVER because I wanted the challenge.  When I was using DosDude's patcher with Mojave and Catalina, I used a custom DSDT.  See here.  Have you tested your DSDT with Big Sur?  You should be able to start with your DSDT and make the following changes:

• Disable CPBG
  • Add NVidia patches

I found it easier to start with Big Sur (before attempting Monterey and Ventura).  If you continue to struggle with your SSDT patching approach, it might not be a bad idea for you to revert to what you know (DSDT) and to test first with Big Sur.  In my opinion, it is MUCH harder to implement ACPI patches with SSDTs on our older hacks (because they typically require so many patches).  I do prefer SSDTs, because I think that the changes are much more readable (if done correctly, the SSDT shows exactly what should be patched).

If you do test a custom DSDT, you'll want to disable your SSDTs and enable ACPI > Quirks > RebaseRegions.

I will give BS a try for now I wish to at least get to the desktop with accelerated graphics then do the other necessary fixes.  For one, is there a way to easily fake CPU in OC, I will check your guide and Dortania, very easy to do in the newest clover.  Can you check my SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG3.aml to see if I have entered the spoof correctly, it compiled just fine and loaded.  My original DSDT patched with all fixes including Nvidia never had spoof for GPU not sure why this was not ever done by someone who was more experience than many programmers he was big with ACPI.  Maybe the spoofing is more for MacOS after Catalina?   Can you share your ioreg so I can see what the Spoof looks like?  I have booted with the EFI/Ioreg included.  Also included, native DSDT aml/dsl.

Thanks for the help again once I get to desktop with the GPU acceleration, I will concentrate on EC and other fixes, at the same time will work on installing BS on my 2nd G51JX.  Is booting to black screen issue maybe because the GPU is not spoofed correctly, do I have it correct now?  I just uploaded the Catalina Ioreg that runs on Clover and DSDT attached on prior post.  I see how much the Ioreg is once it loads properly and the renaming of the original VID to GFX0.

Native_DSDT_EFI_IOREG.zip

G51JX_Catalina_Ioreg.ioreg.zip

Edited by oSxFr33k
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2023 at 12:07 PM, oSxFr33k said:

@deeveedee I did another fresh install was not happy with the first one for some reason.   My current WIFI card is Dell DW1510 and thought with OCLP Legacy Wifi install it would be supported but I don't think the Airport Fix-up will support it?  I moved to the exact same card your using the BMS94352HMB which are stock in my other Asus Laptop G750JX.  The WIFI is enabled but can't find any connections weird.  Maybe my Bios does not like the card?

@oSxFr33k

I believe the answer to this is: use latest AirportBRCMFixup.kext. Download the kext, open it up to show the Contents, then delete AirportBrcmNIC4360_injector.kext inside the Plugins folder. That should reenable your Wifi and BT.

@oSxFr33k Maybe I'm just confused about your CPU.  The first line of this thread says "Upgraded processor from i7-720m to i7-920XM Clarkdale in the Westmere family."   If you performed this CPU upgrade and it worked with your DSDT and Catalina, then I'm probably wrong about the spoofing.

Test Big Sur with your DSDT and report your findings. You have items in your  SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG3.aml that I don't recognize (and don't know their purpose).  I only needed the items that I defined in my Method _DSM.  You will need to modify the model (to match your model name) and the NVCAP value. 

GFX0._DSM

Spoiler
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (\_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                             // .
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x20)
                {
                    "model", 
                    Buffer (0x11)
                    {
                        "NVidia NVS 3100M"
                    }, 

"rom-revision", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "DeeVeeDee"
                    }, 

"device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x0C)
                    {
                        "NVDA,Parent"
                    }, 

"@0,compatible", 
                    Buffer (0x0B)
                    {
                        "NVDA,NVMac"
                    }, 

"@0,device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x08)
                    {
                        "display"
                    }, 

"@0,name", 
                    Buffer (0x0F)
                    {
                        "NVDA,Display-A"
                    }, 

"@1,compatible", 
                    Buffer (0x0B)
                    {
                        "NVDA,NVMac"
                    }, 

"@1,device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x08)
                    {
                        "display"
                    }, 

"@1,name", 
                    Buffer (0x0F)
                    {
                        "NVDA,Display-B"
                    }, 

"NVCAP", 
                    Buffer (0x14)
                    {
                        /* 0000 */  0x05, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,  // ........
                        /* 0008 */  0x3E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F,  // >.......
                        /* 0010 */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                           // ....
                    }, 

"@0,built-in", 
                    Buffer (Zero){}, 
                    "name", 
                    Buffer (0x08)
                    {
                        "display"
                    }, 

"device-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x29, 0x0A, 0x00, 0x00                           // )...
                    }, 

"compatible", 
                    Buffer (0x0C)
                    {
                        "pci10de,a29"
                    }, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20                           // ... 
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                })
            }

EDIT: @oSxFr33k You may also need to change VRAM size to match your available graphics memory for you GPU.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@oSxFr33k Maybe I'm just confused about your CPU.  The first line of this thread says "Upgraded processor from i7-720m to i7-920XM Clarkdale in the Westmere family."   If you performed this CPU upgrade and it worked with your DSDT and Catalina, then I'm probably wrong about the spoofing.

Test Big Sur with your DSDT and report your findings. You have items in your  SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG3.aml that I don't recognize (and don't know their purpose).  I only needed the items that I defined in my Method _DSM.  You will need to modify the model (to match your model name) and the NVCAP value. 

GFX0._DSM

Hide contents
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (\_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                             // .
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x20)
                {
                    "model", 
                    Buffer (0x11)
                    {
                        "NVidia NVS 3100M"
                    }, 

"rom-revision", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "DeeVeeDee"
                    }, 

"device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x0C)
                    {
                        "NVDA,Parent"
                    }, 

"@0,compatible", 
                    Buffer (0x0B)
                    {
                        "NVDA,NVMac"
                    }, 

"@0,device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x08)
                    {
                        "display"
                    }, 

"@0,name", 
                    Buffer (0x0F)
                    {
                        "NVDA,Display-A"
                    }, 

"@1,compatible", 
                    Buffer (0x0B)
                    {
                        "NVDA,NVMac"
                    }, 

"@1,device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x08)
                    {
                        "display"
                    }, 

"@1,name", 
                    Buffer (0x0F)
                    {
                        "NVDA,Display-B"
                    }, 

"NVCAP", 
                    Buffer (0x14)
                    {
                        /* 0000 */  0x05, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,  // ........
                        /* 0008 */  0x3E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F,  // >.......
                        /* 0010 */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                           // ....
                    }, 

"@0,built-in", 
                    Buffer (Zero){}, 
                    "name", 
                    Buffer (0x08)
                    {
                        "display"
                    }, 

"device-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x29, 0x0A, 0x00, 0x00                           // )...
                    }, 

"compatible", 
                    Buffer (0x0C)
                    {
                        "pci10de,a29"
                    }, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20                           // ... 
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                })
            }

EDIT: @oSxFr33k You may also need to change VRAM size to match your available graphics memory for you GPU.

@deeveedee

I will install BS can I use the same EFI with all the current ACPI and Kernel patching as well as the minimum kernel kexts that are needed for Ventura such as the two CPU kexts for CPU Power Management kexts?   Just disable all Add SSDT and only enable DSDT along with the one quirk under ACPI RebaseRegions. 

Edited:

Sorry never mind those questions are answerd from your thread sorry about that.  :)

Any way I can get a copy of your Ioreg wanted to see a couple things. 

@Middleman that one is not enabled in kernel add, only the injector kext within  plugins folder, isn’t that enough or should I still remove the plug-in 4360 from within the AirportFixup kext?  Since the other day I removed the DW1510 and replaced with BCM94352HMB Wi-Fi is enabled and trying to find connections and never does.

Edited by oSxFr33k

1 hour ago, Middleman said:

@oSxFr33k

No that’s not how it should be done. You do exactly as I mentioned - enabled the whole kext in Kernel Add but delete that 4360 kext within the Plugin folder.

Then reboot (not forgetting to do a NVRAM reset).

Can't explain it, using the latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext, version 2.1.7 and Wi-Fi is enabled but it just won't find any networks, all is blank.  In plugins folder only kext now is AirportBrcmNIC_injector.kext and enabled in OC Config.

Is that enabler for both DW1510 and BCM94352HMB?

I still need to read up how to enable Emulated NVRAM on legacy Bios.

Edited by oSxFr33k

I believe as well as the kext you have to enable ASPM in the BIOS as well as use the following boot-args:

-v brcmfx-aspm=259

or

-v brcmfx-aspm=258

The -v is mandatory (otherwise it won’t work)

The plug-ins are not needed (ie.kext only required) if your card is Apple native as they are for non Apple-native cards.

• Like 1