Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 1ST Gen i Logo LED Still "Breathing" on lid after sleep

Draykanos

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

After a successful install with an old X1 Carbon running wonderfully there's just a couple of minor tweaks I'd like to make to make it perfect. One of them includes a less noticable but still kinda annoying i Logo "Breathing" issue when the machine is on after sleep. I fixed the issue with the power button using:

\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED (Zero, 0x80)
            \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED (0x0A, 0x80)

Under NVSS (Zero) but this only seems to fix the power button, not the i. 

Anyone got any ideas? Again completely minor but would be cool to get working again. 

not probably want you want but cause i have tons of bugs gpu related the fix i use is disable power nap in sys energy prefs.

you will lose sleep capability but you avoid a lot of bugs

does bios settings as a feature related to this issue?

Edited by jalavoui

Do you have YogaSMC? It adds controls for the LEDs and fans in macOS, and should automatically set the LEDs right when waking from sleep.
There is some other values you can use in the LED ACPI Method for the i in the thinkpad, but I don't remember them off the top of my head. They're probably buried in YogaSMC somewhere if you wanted to try and use ACPI to set it.

10 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Do you have YogaSMC? It adds controls for the LEDs and fans in macOS, and should automatically set the LEDs right when waking from sleep.
There is some other values you can use in the LED ACPI Method for the i in the thinkpad, but I don't remember them off the top of my head. They're probably buried in YogaSMC somewhere if you wanted to try and use ACPI to set it.

Ooh no, could you DM me it please? It's an X1 carbon but as a ThinkPad collector, they're pretty similar. DM me a link :D

13 hours ago, jalavoui said:

not probably want you want but cause i have tons of bugs gpu related the fix i use is disable power nap in sys energy prefs.

you will lose sleep capability but you avoid a lot of bugs

does bios settings as a feature related to this issue?

No, there is no BIOS setting to adjust the LED's. Completely ACPI based deep in the firmware somewhere. Could I take those iGPU patches too please? There is a weird issue where the fan takes like 5 minutes to turn off when the lid is closed. DM's are open :D 

On 5/22/2023 at 5:41 PM, 1Revenger1 said:

https://github.com/zhen-zen/YogaSMC

It does need an SSDT to add some methods for reading/writing to the EC. They may already exist if you don't use ECEnabler for battery patching.
There's the kext, prefpane, and notification center. The notification center app can also do fan control.

Finally got some time to test the YogaSMC directory and the kext is fine but when I add the SSDT-THINK file for my machine, it just restarts... https://github.com/zhen-zen/YogaSMC/blob/master/YogaSMC/SSDTSample/SSDT-THINK.dsl - Not really sure what's going on...

On 5/22/2023 at 5:41 PM, 1Revenger1 said:

https://github.com/zhen-zen/YogaSMC

It does need an SSDT to add some methods for reading/writing to the EC. They may already exist if you don't use ECEnabler for battery patching.
There's the kext, prefpane, and notification center. The notification center app can also do fan control.

Ok, fixed it. Removed a bunch of bs my machine didn't even use or need like secondary fans and secondary battery sensors. SSDTs work. Now it's giving me a "Failed to connect to YogaSMC"  error in the pref pane...