yo i am Lexx

Alex Lukas

17 posts in this topic

@miliuco

Hi

Thanx for your reply i was playing around with Proxmox before and there i was able to patch the 1070 with ocl Patcher so was hoping to be able to do the same on a direct install....

so is this not possible ?

I read all the Dortania Guides etc but there are different opinions on this some say its working on montaray with the Patch others say its causing tons of Problems....

My last Hackintosh was in Core 2 Duo Days so my experiance with todays Hardware and Hackintoshing is very limited....

I mean i was thinking of getting an Amd 6800xt but obviously it would save me some cash if i can stay on the 1070 and buy a new Gpu when prices are better....

Edited by Alex Lukas

@miliuco

Thanx a lot i will check that out....

I would get the xfx Merc 319 Version for around 600€ which is considert cheap nowadays lol

I know the Xfx Cards are usually on the avoid List but this one was used in some builts and seems to work...

Also it is the cheapest and has a Huge Cooler (so stays quite)

@Alex Lukas If your 1070 worked in High Sierra and you were able to use OCLP for Proxmox, then your 1070 with OCLP should be supported in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura "Direct Install."  When I was using OCLP to create my legacy hack solution, I found it easiest to start with Big Sur before proceeding to Monterey and then Ventura.  You could always try to jump right to Ventura 13.2.1 and if you have issues, try Monterey or Big Sur.  There are still some OCLP issues with Ventura 13.3 (some resolved with the OCLP 0.6.3 nightly build), but it sounds like you're up for the challenge.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Alex Lukas I had 2 XFX Rx580 in the past, from High Sierra to Monterey, completely satisfied. Now I have 2 XFX Rx6600 (XT and non XT), on Monterey and Ventura, no complaint. 
@Slice is right, bad (old) alarm. 

Gues the Amd 6950xt should work also right?

From what i know you need to spoof the Id wich i hope is not that hard...

The 6800xt is 600@ the 6950xt is 730€ so i am thinking about which one is the better buy...

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@Alex Lukas If your 1070 worked in High Sierra and you were able to use OCLP for Proxmox, then your 1070 with OCLP should be supported in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura "Direct Install."  When I was using OCLP to create my legacy hack solution, I found it easiest to start with Big Sur before proceeding to Monterey and then Ventura.  You could always try to jump right to Ventura 13.2.1 and if you have issues, try Monterey or Big Sur.  There are still some OCLP issues with Ventura 13.3 (some resolved with the OCLP 0.6.3 nightly build), but it sounds like you're up for the challenge.

Well i got it to work on proxmox and Montaray but i didnt test a lot but it was recognized in Mac os so i guess that would be good enough...

But i havent even goten Montaray to install yet on my new Pc ....

Since i only want to use that Maschine for Logic Pro which Os would you actually suggest to go with? 

i dont really care about any other Os feateres i just need it to run Logic....

Edited by Alex Lukas

@Alex Lukas I briefly scanned the requirements for Logic Pro and I believe it requires Monterey 12.3.  I'd recommend starting with Monterey 12.3.

EDIT: You can still start with  Big Sur if you have Monterey install problems and then upgrade to Monterey (that worked better for me when I was first learning / testing OCLP).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

@Alex Lukas It occurs to me that Logic Pro may require metal graphics.  If that's the case, then there is no guarantee that Logic Pro will run with an OCLP-patched 1070.  I don't want to discourage you from trying - just making you aware.

• Like 1

Thanx for all your replies Guys

i probably go with an Rx6800xt than since the 6900 and 6950 are basicaly the same price so wouldnt make sense taking the 6900....

i guess i wait till it is here than try again to install...

Maybe one of you Guys can take a look at my Config.plist and Efi folder if i still run into Problems or to suggest what to do better (want a really clean install with no unnessesary stuff in there thats why i bothered even doing my own dssdt and ssdts....)

Btw if anybody needs Infos on 12th Gen non K Overclocking feel free to ask, 

I am no professional but i work in IT and been Overclocking stuff since 25 years 

and I5-12400 overclocking gives pretty good value....

Edited by Alex Lukas
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

I really tried for two weeks in my free Time to get my hack to work to try to bother you with the advanced Problems that will come up.....

What can i say i dont even manage to get my Network Card to work and starting the install....

So i started with Dortania Guide making my own ssdt etc which ended up in not even booting....

so i took an working Efi 660 plus and tried to work my way up from there putting in my aml files etc.

My Motherboard is an Asus B660 Gaming F + XFX 9650xt and 12400 cpu

My network is the Intel 1225-v and i cant get it to work 

i tried with the e=1000 boot arg i tried the old one i tried using  AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext etc etc everytime i boot up no Internet so no recovery install....

I even tried an Usb Network adapter (sadly usb-c) didnt work either

I probably have tons of more Problems in my Plist but i cant even get to those

So if anybody would be so kind and help me out a litte it would be really appreciated.

To be honest at this point i wouldnt even care if internet works since i only use this for Logic Audio Production so any software etc i dl in Windows and copy over there....

In the Attachment is my Config.plist and ACPI and Kext Folder and my owne dumped DSDT file

I am trying with Montaray btw since there doesnt seem to be any benefits for Intel macs on Ventura but since i dont care much about the os i would take what every you guys feel is best

Lexx.zip

Edited by Alex Lukas