[Pre-Release] macOS Monterey 12.6.4

Anto65

22 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, iaihc said:

No update prompt received

Insure SIP is fully Enabled as well as Misc/Security/SecureBootModel is set to Default and not Disabled in the config.plist, reboot the machine and try again to see if the Update prompt shows up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @eSaF! I have the app but it doesn't appear. My Latitude 7400 downloaded unattended Ventura 13.2.1 update and I am trying to keep it away from my system since some functionalities are broken. Sooo my idea is to donwload Monterey 12.4 and overwrite the update in OC boot. Is that even possible ? Or if you know guys how to remove downloaded update I will be very thankful. Old way is not working for me.

• Like 1

Ok - Try the install Script within this folder, use Terminal to launch it and it will do a search for you.

After launching the script just follow the instructions, it will show both Beta and Release OS X versions, just pick the one you want and it will download it for you into a folder onto the Desktop, all you need to do is then move the installer into the Application Folder. Good luck.

installScript_1016fullapp-Plus OS X D-Load.zip

• Like 2

@antuneddu Maybe I misunderstood ... 21G511 is still pre-release, correct?

=============================

@antuneddu I saw someone report the availability of 12.6.4 [RELEASE] in MacRumors, but I'm not seeing it yet.  Is it possible that this release is only showing for people enrolled in the developer channel?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

The rule is follow:

The code finished by number is Release, and finished by small letter is Pre-Release, beta

So 21G511 finished by number 1 means Release.

While 22E5230e finished by letter "e" is PreRelease.

Other symbols:

22 - Ventura

21 - Monterey

20 - BigSur and so on...

22A - Ventura 13.0

22C - Ventura 13.1

22D - Ventura 13.2

Other systems follow same rule.

• Like 5

@Slice  Correct me if I'm wrong, but "finished by a number" cannot guarantee that it's a Release.

The two build numbers mentioned in this thread (so far) are:

• 21G506
  • 21G511

Neither of these versions ends in a letter and they are both for version 12.6.4.  Version 21G506 was a pre-release (even though it didn't end in a letter) available only via the Developer Channel.  In MacRumors, someone has claimed that version 21G511 appeared in the Release Channel.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@antuneddu Maybe I misunderstood ... 21G511 is still pre-release, correct?

=============================

@antuneddu I saw someone report the availability of 12.6.4 [RELEASE] in MacRumors, but I'm not seeing it yet.  Is it possible that this release is only showing for people enrolled in the developer channel?

I received the notification on Developerseed, I'm fixed there ☺️ ( see the screenshot)... usually you don't get the release notifications in this channel
However, Slice's speech could also be valid... but I don't see anywhere as release or the pkg🤷‍♂️

Even if the system is "Release" it is not exclude Security updates which raise release number without making it beta.

About notifications I got 13.2.1 as Release and don't get 13.3 yet as it is still beta.

• Like 2