Opencore Legacy Patcher 0.8.8 - non bootable copy CCC/DiskDuper!

myhobby

3 posts in this topic

I trying to clone a perfectly working Big Sur installation on an EX58-UD5 mainboard. The current disk is APFS partitioned.

Creating a clone with CCC/DiskDuper/Macrium all end with a copy that doesn't boot so I applied the opencore legacy patcher after disabling SIP via a separate MacBook. The MBR was written succesfully, but stil no boot via that disc.

Reading the tool it was developed for a GPT partitioned disc. Is the APFS here the showstopper ?

Anyone any idea what is the issue....

11 hours ago, myhobby said:

I trying to clone a perfectly working Big Sur installation on an EX58-UD5 mainboard. The current disk is APFS partitioned.

Creating a clone with CCC/DiskDuper/Macrium all end with a copy that doesn't boot so I applied the opencore legacy patcher after disabling SIP via a separate MacBook. The MBR was written succesfully, but stil no boot via that disc.

Reading the tool it was developed for a GPT partitioned disc. Is the APFS here the showstopper ?

Anyone any idea what is the issue....

Hello- I use both SuperDuper and Macrium Reflect to create fully working bootable clones without having to perform any further modifications-i stopped using CCC long ago because it started give me issues( which I guess are personal and not universal to others).  What I find is Macrium has the  ability to copy the EFI perfectly whereas with SuperDuper I find that occasiobnally, I have to update the EFI otherwise no boot-all this might be specific to my hack and cannot verify if this is related to your issue.  All my disk are fully dedicated SSD for both BigSur and Ventura using the APFS file systems.

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus, Radeon RX 580 8GB, OC 0.8.9

Edited by ndungu6678