HP 250 G6 i3-6006u problem with Bluetooth and install Ventura.

mrpawlos345

14 posts in this topic

Hello, i found on github EFI folder, that allowed me to install Monterey, everything works except the left speaker and bluetooth. Memory panic pops up when I try to update to Ventura. Now even dmg image from macrecovery can't load. Could someone review my EFI?

https://www5.zippyshare.com/v/q0yY1W40/file.html

As per IntelBluetoothFirmware documentation, IntelBluetoothInjector.kext should not be injected when booting macOS Monterey and above. More importantly, macOS will also require the Bluetooth USB port (where the BT module attaches) to be correctly mapped to an internal header (type 255). Detailed info here.

Also, I believe your machine is Skylake, which lost official support in Ventura however you can update by:

1. using a supported SMBIOS (MacBookPro14,1) and
  2. spoofing iGPU to KabyLake by injecting KBL equivalent fb values via device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id under iGPU's DeviceProperties in config.plist. More info here
Edited by aben
Update info from OpenIntelWireless

From a quick glance, I believe the EFI has not been updated to support Ventura. You will require OpenCore ver. 0.8.3 and above to be able to boot Ventura. Also ensure to include the necessary driver to load HFS formatted drives (you may utilize OpenHfsPlus.efi driver that comes bundled with OpenCore). Get the latest Release version of OpenCore here.

Do you have Monterey currently installed on your machine, to which you are able to boot into? If so, try updating to Ventura via System Settings after applying the necessary changes to the EFI mentioned on my first post above (that is, SMBIOS + iGPU spoof to KBL). You will also need to add boot-arg: -igfxsklaskbl to the same adjusted EFI to allow boot to Monterey with the iGPU spoof. Once Ventura installs successfully you may safely remove the boot-arg (although no harm with its presence)

Good luck!

Edited by aben

Hi, thanks for confirming this info on IM. Yes - I’m seeing similar reports elsewhere that current LAPIC-kernel-patch does not work when attempting to boot Ventura on HP mobos (due to kernel changes from Apple’s end). Suggested workaround, at the moment, is to utilize boot-arg: cpus=1

1 hour ago, aben said:

Hi, thanks for confirming this info on IM. Yes - I’m seeing similar reports elsewhere that current LAPIC-kernel-patch does not work when attempting to boot Ventura on HP mobos (due to kernel changes from Apple’s end). Suggested workaround, at the moment, is to utilize boot-arg: cpus=1

This is common misconception that LAPIC-kernel-patch doesn't work on new kernels. No! It works as before.

I checked with kernel Ventura 13.0.1 and the pattern is fine and replace to correct codes.

Look for other errors.

@Slice Thanks for confirming on the kernel status for LAPIC however I should have mentioned that some HP laptops (with latest BIOS) have been reported (by same OP of this thread and other HP users on Discord) to seeing confirmed LAPIC_interrupt panics on current Ventura release but no issues with Monterey, Big Sur using same boot-loader version. I believe something on the firmware-side (maybe newer BIOS update/OEM restriction?) is causing panics for these affected mobos. More investigation is required for these machines.

6 hours ago, aben said:

@Slice Thanks for confirming on the kernel status for LAPIC however I should have mentioned that some HP laptops (with latest BIOS) have been reported (by same OP of this thread and other HP users on Discord) to seeing confirmed LAPIC_interrupt panics on current Ventura release but no issues with Monterey, Big Sur using same boot-loader version. I believe something on the firmware-side (maybe newer BIOS update/OEM restriction?) is causing panics for these affected mobos. More investigation is required for these machines.

May be but LAPIC patch applied to Ventura kernel no matter of hardware. This is the patch to kernel and it is absolutely fine.

• 1 month later...