Encoding X265 Crashing Ventura Build

Suddzz

11 posts in this topic

Frustrating… i have been in the hackintosh scene since snow leopard, and anytime i had trouble with a build i have always found the answer, but this has me stumped…

My latest build is a Gigabyte Z490 UD AC with an i9 10900K, UHD 630 graphics, 16GB ram, NVME 1TB boot drive, USB mapped.

Opencore 8.6.0 SMBIOS 20,2

I had the build running fantastic, mostly used to convert to x265 using FFWorks and the latest static build of FFmpeg.

But am now getting all sorts of crashes while trying to encode, completely reboots, or the encode fails, os still responsive and then it reboots.

I am totally lost here and need some help.

Am not sure what logs to upload or where to begin.

10 hours ago, Allan said:

Hello @Suddzz, be welcome to InsanelyMac! 😃

Post your zipped EFI folder here, so we can take a look at it.

Thanks for the welcome Allan! Attached is my EFI.

EFI.zip

2 hours ago, etorix said:

Just to check the obvious: Is cooling good? Did RAM passed memtest?

Am running default settings with a Noctua NH-D15S, IPG reports the package in around high 70 to 80 while encoding is taking place, i havent ran memtest as of yet.

Crash Report.zip

Tried again and it completey rebooted, attached is the panic log.

Panic Reboot.zip

6 hours ago, etorix said:

Just to check the obvious: Is cooling good? Did RAM passed memtest?

It hasnt… 10 errors reported  however, i think ave found the problem, XMP profile was enabled under default cpu bios settings, i have since disabled and running stock speeds, so far everything is running normally, no crashes so far.

Before i was running XMP with the gaming profile in bios enabled and didnt have issues…. 🤔

• Like 1

This seems to have done the trick Allan, i do get a black screen before login, could be down to the pikera boot arg which i dont need, after encoding has finished i will delete an test.

Can you explain what this olaria SSDT has done? I would like to know what caused the problem in the first place.

Am less than a noob when it comes to k sku cpus and over - under clocking, hit 95 degrees at times, so I also think the manufacturer board default auto settings in regards to cpu and ram voltage had a part to play, i have set most auto settings to normal, with an adaptive vcore set to 1.22 and an offset of -0.05, temps have dropped significantly, package sitting at 78 degrees, core max at 82 during encoding.

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 4 Illegal instruction: 4

CPU can't execute an instruction encounter in graphics driver at address 0xffffff7f9c10d5f9 but it probably a memory mistake. Or quirks mistake.

On 12/3/2022 at 4:13 AM, Slice said:

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 4 Illegal instruction: 4

CPU can't execute an instruction encounter in graphics driver at address 0xffffff7f9c10d5f9 but it probably a memory mistake. Or quirks mistake.

Would that be down to not using device-id within the plist? It wasnt added because my original device id is native according to WEG guide.

I have reverted back to my own SSDT's, obtained from SSDTime and consolidated into the one SSDT, everything is running smooth now so far.

Think i will RMA my ram back to Crucial... memtest found ten errors, that was with XMP enabled, since disabled.