[SOLVED] Opencore 0.8.6 crash dual boot with Windows (Works with NO ACPI Version BT Wise)

Max.1974

34 posts in this topic

Hello everybody. I hope you're all right. I come to report that Opencore version 0.8.6 has caused Windows to crash.

But with help of all you on this post, works well with this version without inject ACPI.

Desktop GA Z170 XP SLi  v1. with AMD Radeon RX 64 Vega

Thanks to @Slice @MaLd0n @antuneddu @miliuco @deeveedee and all team of Hackintosh!!!

You are the best!!! 

In fact need add on config.plist (using ocvalidate)

But interesting notice that keys not refers on Sample.plist 

UEFI > AppleInput >  PointerDwellClickTimeout

PointerDwellDoubleClickTimeout

PointerDwellRadius

And works! 

Im will put in the sequence to test. 

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! :hyper:

Captura de Tela 2022-11-04 às 16.13.47.png

EFI MOD 086V 041122 - WORKS BTWISE 2.zip

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

@Max.1974 If I interpret your EFI MOD 086.zip correctly, you are injecting a custom DSDT with modifications for macOS.  Your modifications are not conditional on _OSI("Darwin"), so your modifications are affecting both macOS and Windows if you boot Windows with OC.  Could that be a problem?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Max.1974

I don't know if this will fix your issue but try and comment.

Kernel > Quirks > CustomSMBIOSGuid > True (default is False)
PlatformInfo > UpdateSMBIOSMode > Custom (default is Create).

Thanks my friend im will try this and report here.

12 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@Max.1974 If I interpret your EFI MOD 086.zip correctly, you are injecting a custom DSDT with modifications for macOS.  Your modifications are not conditional on _OSI("Darwin"), so your modifications are affecting both macOS and Windows if you boot Windows with OC.  Could that be a problem?

Thanks @deeveedee , for feedback, im said that im had a ruge helped from @MaLd0n  , and he always help, and for many many years. I am mentioned to him about that, and he said is not DSDT or OSI Darwin compiliation. In fact, im not change nothing in my DSDT and with 0.8.5 not crash, but with 0.8.6 crash and we get blue screen. very weird this happen, because im sure that was a little bit modification on new version. 

So my question is why, if im only change (replace) drivers and Opencore.efi, check ocvalidate, and because of that, without explain, 0.8.6 Opencore version cause this.

Im not advanced user, but im believe that if was _OSI("Darwin"), in both situations maybe will cause this (im guess) (?), its because DSDT its the same in EFI folder. 

Im will change like @miliuco said and will back, but im think im was do it once (hours trying do this work). Thanks a lot! 

EDIT: Thanks for help, and im notice that not effect change Quirks and PlataformInfo, same crash. Some developer could explain with how this happen, if im was have manual completely how and why config boot, but Dortania not have all explain. 

Im even like Windows but for some apps to work I am need it. And 11 its not bad, btw. ;)  Im continue thanks a lot everybody involved, and hope this fixes soon....

Edited by Max.1974

Thanks all people involved, and im believe that basic EFI from Olarila.com made by @MaLd0n is ready without ACPI injection, and my DSDT not such problem with 0.8.5, just with 0.8.6. 

7 hours ago, antuneddu said:

@Max.1974  You can try disabling the DSDT and booting WIN with OC ... if booting … you found the problem

Alternative you can try while keeping the DSDT a version of OpenCore_NO_ACPI

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/341402-customized-opencore-with-additional-features/?do=findComment&comment=2796600

Thanks my friend, im check your version, with OCvalidate, and show in Chinese to me, are you have an English version? 

Its possible disable inject ACPI on boot with Windows and inject when run macOs? Please im not understand to much, but if was a page learning im wish read and make this to try keep update my Opencore. 

Thanks for everybody! You are the best! :superman:

Captura de Tela 2022-11-04 às 14.10.48.png

Edited by Max.1974

Same update procedure with official OC substitute Boot, OpenCore.efi, Drivers, tool ....

The errors you see in OCValidate (always of that version) They are keys to add to your plist in

Acpi> Quirks

Bototer> Quirks

Misc> Boot

PointerDwellRadius

Find the Sample.plist inside the release (Docs folder) that you can compare and copy in your plist ... in the same location

You can translate OCValidate output on google translator 🤷‍♂️

Edited by antuneddu
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

... im check your version, with OCvalidate, and show in Chinese to me, are you have an English version? 

Glad to read your issue has been fixed.

The current maintainer of the NO ACPI OpenCore version is a Chinese man, so there are texts not translate to English.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Same update procedure with official OC substitute Boot, OpenCore.efi, Drivers, tool ....

The errors you see in OCValidate (always of that version) They are keys to add to your plist in

Acpi> Quirks

Bototer> Quirks

Misc> Boot

PointerDwellRadius

Find the Sample.plist inside the release (Docs folder) that you can compare and copy in your plist ... in the same location

You can translate OCValidate output on google translator 🤷‍♂️

Hi again, just to notice that keys not related in Sample.plist that version. Thank you!!

Im use this post: 

5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Glad to read your issue has been fixed.

The current maintainer of the NO ACPI OpenCore version is a Chinese man, so there are texts not translate to English.

It's nice to try everything that Help! Works nice and smooth!! Now im need update more 3 Hacks on the house!! 

Bye! See ya!! 

:guitar:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, antuneddu said:

And of course if you look at the date of Maldon's version ... It dates back to October 6th ... (PointerDwellClick was introduced later) My one ... just below I compiled it in yesterday 😉

Thanks a lot man, im will follow (already) to keep up to date!!! 

With time im will change for your version!!!! 

Showwwww I love this !!!

:thumbsup_anim:

21 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

I don't use it often ... just to try it out
you can try to follow BTWISE master releases here 

https://gitee.com/btwise/OpenCore_NO_ACPI

and compile them yourself

Alternative method to update quickly and easily

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-8M_HYJOE79QyCckOJAINyoHfklsGDgr/view?usp=drivesdk

👋

Thanks again, im notice that works fine too, the last Chinese version...

Wherer I can download that tool  OCAT-Rel. - OC-Mod, I, saw on video, but not know where download it? here: https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools/releases ?

Just notice that boot with new 3 Dwell keys cause long boot, and this is mandatory necessary use this keys? 

One more time, thanks Again!!! 

Thanks OCAT-Rel. - OC-Mod

Edited by Max.1974

1 minute ago, naiclub said:

3 Dwell keys I don't remember. miliuco wrote an article recently. very detailed But I don't know which thread I can't find.

This tool is very nice and easy to use, but with me im get error to Boot, that letters on boot, works fast and fine, but that thinks cause me GooseBumps! kkkkkk

Thanks thanks thanks !!! 

image.png.1b620380861edc58b64f50b2750174c3.png

• 3 weeks later...

OCAT to Download MOD OPENCORE Doesn't' work unless someone modifies OCAT . 

So have to do it manually.  Kind of defeats the purpose.  OCC is the next choice. Graphical Interface.

It seems Russians don't like Graphical Interface.  Grin spit, 

• Like 1