ACPICPU boot hang--SOLVED

mek21

18 posts in this topic

Is there a new Lapic patch for Ventura 13.0?  Getting ACPICPU boot hang without cpus=1 with skylake and i5 rig.  Even with cpus=1 boot arg SMCProcessor.kext 1.3.0 causes KP.  Only version of SMCProcessor.kext that boots is version 1.1.5,, but shows incorrect CPU temp in menu bar app. 

No problem with beta 2, but subsequent betas through 13.0 problem persists.

Switched to FakeSMC 2018-0915 after repeated bug reports to github site were either ignored or deleted.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/RehabMan-FakeSMC-2018-0915.zip

Edited by mek21
update status of problem

22 hours ago, mek21 said:

Is there a new Lapic patch for Ventura 13.0?  Getting ACPICPU boot hang without cpus=1 with skylake and i5 rig.  Even with cpus=1 boot arg SMCProcessor.kext 1.3.0 causes KP.  Only version of SMCProcessor.kext that boots is version 1.1.5,, but shows incorrect CPU temp in menu bar app. 

No problem with beta 2, but subsequent betas through 13.0 problem persists.

@Slice 

such same problem i with same generation of chipset but with cpus=1 i can boot only with 1 processor

photo_2022-10-24 17.53.50.jpeg

Edited by PG7

22 hours ago, Allan said:

Hello and welcome to InsanelyMac 😉

The best option in your case is report this bug at the VirtualSMC github page

Reported issue 3 times and included diagnostic info.  Went back to to see if there was a solution and apparently the bug reports were deleted 3 times with no action.  What else to do?

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 3:51 PM, mek21 said:

Reported issue 3 times and included diagnostic info.  Went back to to see if there was a solution and apparently the bug reports were deleted 3 times with no action.  What else to do?

ola what hiccity found ?

could post me the correct solution because I have not found and I'm looking for thanks since ja

@Slice

I confirm that it is not problem with LAPIC,
I decided by deleted the VoodooTSC that was using in previous verses now this functional,

THANK YOU once again for your help and answers

*google translate

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.9c555b9e6bbd1724686ff4fbb83fa95c.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 2:18 AM, Slice said:

I took into account Lapic Patch needs to be renegotiated.

So is new Lapic patch ruled out?

Additioinally, how can I designate a specific icon for each mac os version installed?

Clover 5150 was detecting the os version 11, 12, 13, etc and showing the correct icon for the theme but for some reason now shows the high sierra icon for both Monterey and Big Sur.  High Sierra is not installed.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, mek21 said:

So is new Lapic patch ruled out?

Additioinally, how can I designate a specific icon for each mac os version installed?

Clover 5150 was detecting the os version 11, 12, 13, etc and showing the correct icon for the theme but for some reason now shows the high sierra icon for both Monterey and Big Sur.  High Sierra is not installed.

Thank you.

New Lapic patch is not needed. The old one is good for its purpose.

About correct icon this depends on chosen theme.

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverThemes

On 12/7/2022 at 3:14 AM, Slice said:

New Lapic patch is not needed. The old one is good for its purpose.

About correct icon this depends on chosen theme.

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverThemes

Need for clarification about Clover GUI icons.

This issue may be of interest to other readers.

On a multiboot system with differing vesrions of mac os, does Clover determine version of each operating system, and store that information in a file for a chosen theme to show the corresponding icon/badge?   If so, where is the information stored that it could be modified?

Until recently Clover 5150 was apparently detecting both Big Sur and Monterey and the theme was displaying the correct corresponding GUI icons

Now, for no apparent reason, booting into Clover now shows a High Sierra icon for both Big Sur and Monterey.

Highlighting the GUI icon for Big Sur (APFS preboot) and pressing the spacebar shows the OS version for High Sierra (10.13).   See attached screenshot.  High Sierra is not installed so why are Big Sur and Monterey being detected as High Sierra?

screenshot_clover.png

@mek21

Make please preboot-log by pressing F2 in the Clover GUI. You may find the log in EFI/CLOVER/misc/ folder.

The log will contain full explanation what entries are found and what system installed there.

Try also to choose more recent theme.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:55 PM, Slice said:

@mek21

Make please preboot-log by pressing F2 in the Clover GUI. You may find the log in EFI/CLOVER/misc/ folder.

The log will contain full explanation what entries are found and what system installed there.

Try also to choose more recent theme.

Thank you for the previous reply.

Tried newer theme with update for Ventura, same result.

Preboot log shows Clover 5150 detecting Monterey and Big Sur as version 10.13 although High Sierra is not installed on the computer.

After editing preboot.log and inserting correct OS versions and icon names, there is no change, still showing HIgh Sierra icons.

In order to track this down I need to know where, specifically, Clover is looking to determine the version of the os installed.

Please tell me how Clover determines the os version installed on a partition.

Thank you.

Edited by mek21

XStringW plist = SWPrintf("%s\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\SystemVersion.plist", uuidPrefix.c_str());
    if ( !FileExists(Volume->RootDir, plist) ) {
      plist = SWPrintf("%s\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\ServerVersion.plist", uuidPrefix.c_str());
        plist.setEmpty();
      }
    }

and then look for

Prop = Dict->propertyForKey("ProductVersion");

On 12/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, Slice said:
    XStringW plist = SWPrintf("%s\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\SystemVersion.plist", uuidPrefix.c_str());
      plist = SWPrintf("%s\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\ServerVersion.plist", uuidPrefix.c_str());
        plist.setEmpty();
      }
    }

and then look for

Prop = Dict->propertyForKey("ProductVersion");

Thank you for your repiies to my questions.  I did confirm that the version numbers within SystemVersion.plist for both Big Sur and Monterey were correct but the Preboot.log was incorrectly showing 10.13.  The preboot log did, howebver, show the correct versions for the rescue/console boot option for both Big Sur and Monterey.  Bizarre.

Ultimately resolved by restoring from backup/upgrading.

Thank you for your attenton to Clover.