With Newest Clover Or Opencore

Now What Do I Need To Make It Happen? 

Slice??

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Well I Need A Bit Of Nostalgia

Would Be GREAT To See Older OSX Versions

Yes I too one day had a nostalgic notion and dug out my Snow Leopard disk and proceeded to do an install on my z390 but got so bogged down and stuck halfway through (in other words, I didn't know what the he££ I was doing) I gave up but I feel your sentiments whole heartedly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 10:19 PM, eSaF said:

Yes I too one day had a nostalgic notion and dug out my Snow Leopard disk and proceeded to do an install on my z390 but got so bogged down and stuck halfway through (in other words, I didn't know what the he££ I was doing) I gave up but I feel your sentiments whole heartedly. 

I miss the same as well. And had tried but didn't work There are 2 versions of the Snow Leo and the lion. Want to do But it doesn't work If possible, I want everyone to help make it come true once.

edit. I have all versions

Edited by naiclub
Please delete the picture. It's risky and precarious.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

Well I Need A Bit Of Nostalgia

Would Be GREAT To See Older OSX Versions

Now What Do I Need To Make It Happen? 

Slice??

I think you may take Clover 4xxx version. Clover history began with Lion but I also had Snow Leopard and tested Clover with it up to 3xxx version.

PS. May be you are not "Retired"?

15 hours ago, Slice said:

I think you may take Clover 4xxx version. Clover history began with Lion but I also had Snow Leopard and tested Clover with it up to 3xxx version.

PS. May be you are not "Retired"?

Thanks of the info

I Was A Bit Premature With The "RETIRED"

Should Happen Around Xmas

Anybody Have A Flat Package Editor, Need To Do Some Stuff to A mkpkg From Snow Leopard

Need 64Bit One

Edit:

Will Be Getting An M2 MacBook Pro

See If I Can Make An Intel to M2 Emulator :)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I would think you would have issues with graphics drivers and other drivers that just aren't there for newer devices. I know the Dortania guide covers installing older versions of macOS, but it's not really for modern hardware. I've gotten 10.7-10.11 running on an old Core 2 Duo machine with OC, and others have gotten 10.4-10.6 running. While OpenCore is mostly used with modern OSes, the latest version is supposed to work with all versions of macOS from 10.4 to 13.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1Revenger1 said:

I would think you would have issues with graphics drivers and other drivers that just aren't there for newer devices. I know the Dortania guide covers installing older versions of macOS, but it's not really for modern hardware. I've gotten 10.7-10.11 running on an old Core 2 Duo machine with OC, and others have gotten 10.4-10.6 running. While OpenCore is mostly used with modern OSes, the latest version is supposed to work with all versions of macOS from 10.4 to 13.

Thanks for your input, Snow Leopard is nearly done, will try the latest OC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Section 12.1 (Troubleshooting -> Legacy OSes) has more information on booting legacy macOS versions in the Configuration.pdf if you do end up looking at OpenCore.

Edit: And possibly section 7.9, though auto for most of the kernel settings there is probably fine.

Edited by 1Revenger1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:43 PM, STLVNUB said:

Anybody Have A Flat Package Editor, Need To Do Some Stuff to A mkpkg From Snow Leopard

Need 64Bit One

the fastest 64bit you can find now is Terminal :)

my guess is you probably want to do so:

to unpack
pkgutil --expand /path to OSInstall.mpkg choosenameofexpandedfiles

to repack
pkgutil --flatten /path to choosenameofexpandedfiles New.mpkg

hope it helps

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

Thanks for your input, Snow Leopard is nearly done, will try the latest OC

I can go as far as this.

Spoiler

308202314_2565-09-2523_55_08.thumb.png.6de02b237b6d7263a7b3dcc409565a58.png

And it's unbelievable that Sierra There is also support for RX560 graphics cards.
I think Apple will include the driver as the final release. Normally, it only starts at the high Sierra.

Spoiler

1733002120_2565-09-2600_49_39.thumb.png.84ffb79f8db13cc17ebde8e51520e0f2.png

Edited by naiclub
works
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 11:43 PM, STLVNUB said:

Thanks of the info

I Was A Bit Premature With The "RETIRED"

Should Happen Around Xmas

Need 64Bit One

Edit:

Will Be Getting An M2 MacBook Pro

See If I Can Make An Intel to M2 Emulator :)

Hello, do you want this?

Auxiliary Tools.zipAuxiliary Tools.zip

• 8 months later...

The latest build of Clover r5152 is pretty awesoome for installing old versions of macOS on newer hardware. Because it allows having multiple SMBIOSes and switches between automatically based on the detected OC. And on top of that the FakeCPUID can now be added in the SMBIOS section which is necessary if you are going way back you will need a supported SMBIOS and a FakeCPUID to install macOS. Check the "Clover Changes" thread for details.

For Comet Lake for example you need a different SMBIOS and a FakeCPUID pretty early on – for everything prior to macOS Catalina, basically. So

adding SMBIOS_Catalina Dictionary with Serials for iMac18,4 and Coffee Lake CPUID will get the job done  without switching configs.

• Like 2