Are you kidding me?! Itunes 6.0 does not work 100%

dududau

5 posts in this topic

Yes, bloody hell. Itunes 6.0 requires you to install quicktime 7.0 which will crash your whole system

and now i've to reinstall the whole mac os x.

Who ever who said itunes 6.0 works sure hasnt update his/her quicktime!

Warning for everybody

dududau, this was a known issue. If you read the posts about installing itunes 6, the specifically mention NOT to upgrade quicktime. NEVER upgrade your quicktime unless a mod on this forum, or the wiki, SPECIFICALLY say it's okay to do so.

I was able to install iTunes 6 and still keep the universal build of Quicktime that came as part of the OS X installer. But yeah, when going to the music store and trying to view music videos, it prompts me to get 7.03 or whatever. However, I can download videos elsewhere and import them and view them in iTunes fine. Dumb, eh?

This is my experience as well. iTunes 6.0 is working quite well - though I don't use the video features. It imported my music library without error.

Yeah iTunes 6 works but not nearly as well as a cheaper-by-the-minute G4 Mac. On my P4 3GHz it tends to skid every few minutes, something I've never noticed even on a G4 500MHz. And CD conversation to any file format would take all day. I recently pitted my P4 against a friend's single G4 rated at 1.25GHz. His G4 converts at a steady rate of 10.4x whereas mine fluctuates around 4.3x. Also I tested Medal of Honor, the only game I managed to download. On the startup console the processor reads G3. That should explain something.

The game is still playable though, albeit a bit laggy.