Need Help! Natit and Sony Vaio FE31H corrupted display during boot

Craigue Hyland

9 posts in this topic

I am in need of help. I have just bought a new Sony Vaio FE31H to use as a mac and can't for the life of me get the Nvidia 7400tc to work properly.

The kext install fine and reboots but after the grey spinning logo during boot, just when i think it should change to the mac logon screen the display goes grey with lines and fades to almost black with a corrupted picture. The laptop continues to boot as the hard disk is fashing and if I push the power button and press enter it will shut down properly so obviously os x is booting fully, just not showing the correct logon screen or desktop on my display.

If I boot the laptop with an external monitor plugged into the vga port i am able to boot all the way into os x and my system info show my graphics card as Geforce Go 7400 with turbucache, QE and CI are shown as supported.

I'm at a loss as to a solution. I have searched the entire forum but cant find a fix.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Similar problem here but all I have is a black screen on my laptop with Geforce FX Go5200.

As anyone managed to make the laptop internal screens work with Natit/Titan?

In my case the internal display was recognized as portB (secondary display) by the Macvidia driver. Could this be the problem? I have tried all the suggestions that np_ gave on what to inject to the IORegistry so that NVidia drivers start using the LCD panel but couldn't manage to make it work.

fpb

PS. The display works fine with an external monitor on the VGA port.

How do I change the port to tell natit to use my built in lcd display instead of the vga port?

I'm guessing that my sony display is dvi instead of vga, could this be possible and would it be the source of my problem? If so, how do I tell natit to use dvi as primary display?

Similar problem here too.

Installing titna.kext or natit.kext gives me the all white screen right before loginwindow.

Installed Semthex beta9 kernel for sse2 cpu using JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE2.SemtheX.Beta9.dmg.

Sony Vaio FS15LP

Pentium M Dothan 2.13Ghz /

DDR 1GB /

ICH6M /

Nvidia Go 6200 TurboCache

15.4" Widescreen, 1280x800 native resolution

Ihave a Similar problem too.

Installing titna.kext or natit.kext gives me the all black(nothing) screen after moving circle

Installed latested kernel for JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3.SemtheX.

anyone who solved this problem..let me know that..

Sony Vaio FE15LP

DDR 1GB /

Nvidia 7400 Go

15.4" Widescreen

I believe there are some missing keys that need to be discovered in order tomake the card use the in-built lcd screen. I have played around with some keys like backlight-contro. use-backlight-blanking, EDIDPanel, and so on but all I managed was to make the internal lcd turn the backlight on/off every second or so.

I only see one person capable of solving this problem: np_

fpb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I've the same problem (white screen with corrupted display) on my Sony Vaio SZ1 when WORKING WITH GMA 945. Using speed mode (GO 7400) the screen works fine at 1280x800 using natit or macvidia driver. Unfortunally using the latter GPU I loose QE and QI.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Nicola