a required firmware update could not be installed OC 0.7.9

ciggar

37 posts in this topic

y get this eror before y instal an the first restart show apple logo with 29 minute remain and instant show this mesage a required firmware update could not be installed y change smbios but nothing

PXL_20220415_095925320.jpg

Hi - You need to inform other members exactly what your machine Specs are i.e, most important Motherboard, Gpu, and CPU. At this moment no one is able to aid you with your query because of the lack of knowing what equipment you're trying to install on. Fill in your Profile with the required info and someone will point you in the correct direction to hopefully fix your problem. Good luck.

• Like 2

Hiya @ciggar - It would be a lot easier if you put all that info in your profile so that you won't have to list your specs with your every post or query. Have a look at the bottom of this post how my specs are listed. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 4

@ciggar - incase I missed it, you need to give us a bit more information about what Boot Loader you're using. Is it Clover or OpenCore and if possible what versions?

PS - If I am not mistaken your Motherboard is based on the X299 Platform and although not impossible, can be quite problematic to install on. You need to do quite a bit of research in my opinion.

Edited by eSaF

16 minutes ago, ciggar said:

man x299 y soket 2066 c621 is soket 3647!!!!!!!! single cpu vs dual soket !!!!!

Did you in the past have any success installing any previous OS X versions i.e Catalina or BS on this Board?

1 minute ago, ciggar said:

no first time try to instal hakintosh!!!!!!

Oh Man you got a long hill to climb. Like I said the X299 can be quite elusive with OS X. Google can be quite useful here, search the problem 'A required firmware update could not be installed' and hopefully find the solution plus search 'How to install OS X on the X299 Platform. Sorry I can't offer more exact help but wishing you luck on your search.

• Like 1

na the problem is Apple because y googleit and the original mac have the same isue monterey need a original apple ssd to instal because they have a firmware update for ssd damn y go try to instal big sur!!!!!

1 hour ago, ciggar said:

na the problem is Apple because y googleit and the original mac have the same isue monterey need a original apple ssd to instal because they have a firmware update for ssd damn y go try to instal big sur!!!!!

I find that intriguing and slightly doubtful because many members including myself has the installation on non Apple ssd and M.2 drives, unless the drive you are using is on the list of problematic drives to avoid. There is a list of makes of Drives somewhere to avoid and ones that are compatible.

PS. Test this EFI Folder maybe it will get you further along towards your install. Good luck.

EFI.zip

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ciggar said:

With Big Sur stop at 12 minutes remaing and nothing y think dual soket not posible hakintoshig!!!##

Ok - Remove this from boot-args 'agdpmod=pikera' in the config.plist in the EFI Folder I posted for you to try and post the verbose readout where it stops.

3 hours ago, ciggar said:

any know how to downgrade OPENCORE 0.7.9 to 0.7.8????

Seriously my friend, I don't think you've fully grasp the rudiments of OC. Why would anyone want to downgrade from improvements made in 0.7.8 to a previous version? If that is your desire, to downgrade should be quite easy hence my premise you're not fully understanding OC, but I digress. Download OC 0.7.8 EFI Folder and copy over the settings in the config.plist from your current one but there maybe some caveats here because of changes in 0.7.9 plus there maybe changes in the Drivers. Nevertheless, you'll need to use the Drivers in the 0.7.8 just to be sure, in any case Good luck.

3 hours ago, ciggar said:

any know how to downgrade OPENCORE 0.7.9 to 0.7.8????

Same as for upgrading: Replace BOOT/BOOTx86.efi, OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime.efi (+OpenCanopy.efi) and OC/OpenCore.efi by the new (or, here, old) versions. Then, adapt the config.plist to the appropriate syntax or copy and paste settings from config.plist to the appropriate Sample.plist.

The question is: Why would you want to downgrade?

At which point are you now, and which which settings?

@metacollin, who gave the first explanation on CPU wrapping, had a X11DAi working with two Xeon Scalable, so dual processor is possible. But we have to find out how…

Edited by etorix

man with this efi y boot with OPENCORE 0.7.9 on monterey and before 1st restart y get apple logo and y get a required firmware update could not be installed ssd isconected to sata and formated as mac jurnaled if y format on apfs whent go to select the ssd to instal cant select because say the same a firmware update need to instal or change format to mac jurnaled all this on monterey.

On bigsur boot all fine but at 12 minute remaining stuck no progres!!!! y try many times the same...

EFI.7z

Edited by ciggar

Good work!

Have you tried PlatformInfo>UpdateSmbios:True to solve the firmware update issue?

The issue with earlier OSes is more puzzling… We may not have found the right combination of quirks. Or some device could be unsupported—the i210 NICs being prime suspects.