Anybody tried Logitech Webcam?

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

was wondering if anybody tried installing Logitech Webcam?

I'm using the Logitech Orbit/Sphere. The logitech website has drivers but

only works up till os 10.2 or something. (I heard logitech pulled out of Mac)

Well, then i got IOXperts. www.ioxperts.com

It seems my webcam ALMOST worked. That is it switches on, but i see only blue display.

It also says, "install driver" which explains the blue display. So, what else should i do?

Or if this is not fixed yet, may i know if anybody is on this issue?

Thank you.

as this is more a OS X issue, than an OSx86 issue, you may want to try and search the macnn forums, or the macosxhints forums for some clues. Logitech is an odd company when it comes to providing support for their products though. I have winxp 64-bit edition installed on my other laptop and they STILL haven't produced any 64 bit drivers for that OS. (it's been out since April)

Well, i've read in another forum that logitech is getting out of Mac. So i guess they wont be producing anymore

product supporting it.

Their latest product doesnt support Mac.

Well, as I've said, I tried IOXperts, which it's sole purpose is to do just that, detect your webcam through

USB or firewire. However, there seem to be problem in OSX86. It just doesnt detect my webcam.

Hoping that there some news about this.

THank you.

Hi,

It seems my webcam ALMOST worked. That is it switches on, but i see only blue display.

It also says, "install driver" which explains the blue display. So, what else should i do?

Thank you.

I install the Logith¿ech drivers and does not show video, only blue or green, movementes works and microphone works. maybe with a GMA900.

Hi,

Thank you.

MACAM supports this Webcam! A portet Version x86 give´s here in the Forum :)

• 4 months later...

10.4.5 and Logitech Quickcam 4000, working with the Macam compiled by blitzny, Nov 12 2005, the post is linked below.

this is the first time i've gotten it to work. cam detected, no usb error. :(

just in case it was only the 10.4.5 update, i tried the official intel version, but it didn't work.

check this OLD version out. :angel:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=4358

Same for me quixos. The blitzny version is working with my QC Notebook Pro (a 4000 inside I think) with 10.4.5. It had not worked before 10.4.5 and none of the other versions I have tried work with 10.4.5, or have ever worked for me, actually. It is too bad that this build did not include the macam.component to maybe enable the cam with apps besides macam. Anyway, the video I get is a bit washed out and stretched out horizontally as if it was badly interlaced, but at least it is there. A nice step forward!