Quadro K2000

d620osx

14 posts in this topic

Hi

I wanted to see if I had any improvements if I move from a GT710 to a Quadro K2000, both are natively supported so thought if I swap the card it should all work, but it boots to a black screen with the mouse cursor.

I have reset bios, tried with shikigva=40 but it goes past the OC picker and all the text but just ends up with a black screen with the mouse cursor.

Are there any changes I need to make to the config or the system to boot using the Quadro K2000?

Sorry should have said that the machine is a Optiplex 5050 i5 6th Gen.

Thank you

Edited by d620osx

Do you have Lilu and WhateverGreen? Both are required. 
What SMBIOS do you have?

Hi

Thank you for replying.

Yes have both and also made sure whatever green has been updated.

Smbios is imac14,1.

Machine works fine with a GT710, cannot get it to the OS X boot screen with the k2000.

Thank you

[mention=979585]d620osx[/mention]
iMac14,1 = iMac 2013.
iMac15,1 = iMac 2014.
Big Sur supported: iMac 2014 and newer.
GT710 supports both SMBIOS.

Thank you, with it set to 15,1, I can get to the login screen but none of my USB ports seem to work.

May be you should think about NVCAP feature. Clover calculates it automatically but I have no advices for Opencore.

Thank you, not sure I would be able to do that as cannot boot into OS X with the gpu connected.

Will do some investigation.

5 minutes ago, d620osx said:

Thank you, not sure I would be able to do that as cannot boot into OS X with the gpu connected.

Will do some investigation.

I said nothing about need to boot into OSX. I said that if you choose Clover as a bootloader then you will have some options to adjust NVIDIA cards which Opencore has no.

• Like 2

I said nothing about need to boot into OSX. I said that if you choose Clover as a bootloader then you will have some options to adjust NVIDIA cards which Opencore has no.

Ahh sorry understand, don’t want to move back to clover so may just be stuck with the GT710.

Thank you
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, d620osx said:

Thank you, with it set to 15,1, I can get to the login screen but none of my USB ports seem to work.

This is so if you are using USBMap or USBPorts kexts. Inside them, Info.plist, there are 2 occurrences of the SMBIOS name, find them and replace with iMac15,1. 

Xhciportlimit always false except if you are using USBInjectAll.kext. I remember there was a problem with this quirk in previous BS versions, it’s possible that it must be false even if using USBInjectAll.kext. 

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1