Install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware

Cyberdevs

10 posts in this topic

Today I have installed Windows 11 on my IvyBridge :D

NO TPM NO Nothing, All I had to do was:

1. Download the ISO file from Microsoft for Windows 11

2. Created a bootable USB disk with windows 10 ISO file using Rufus (you can also use MediaCreationTool for windows 10)

3. Mounted the ISO image file for windows 11, replaced the install.wim from the ISO file with the one on the USB Disk which was for Windows 10 (If you use Rufus just make sure the USB Disk is formatted as NTFS because FAT32 can't store files bigger than 2.1 GB and the Install.win file is 4.7)

4. Boot into the installer and install Windows 11

5. Do the rest of the installation normally

So far the updates are working and the only issue is that upon start Microsoft Teams is showing some errors so I disabled it from the Startup.

No registry tweaking during installation, no untrusted tampered with ISO download.

Have fun ;)

Screenshot 2021-10-06 165906.png

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Microsoft already reported that people want be able to install Win11 on unsupported PC's but only via ISO.  :yes:

TPM checks are only reserved for WUAUSERV (Windows Update)

I tried to install from the USB disk which I have created from the original ISO and got the error message and was prompted with the https://aka.ms/WindowsSysReq message so normal installation didn't work on my Ivy Bridge so I had to use this method :D

Can you please share the link to the article that you are referring to?

• Like 1

About UEFI Secure Boot, Windows 11 installation requires an UEFI secure boot capable machine, enabled or disabled.

About TPM or PTT, it’s mandatory to have it enabled.

You can do as @Cyberdevs replacing Windows 11 install.wim file with install.esd from Windows 10 (you can also replace the entire sources folder, not only install.wim file) if you don’t have TPM / PTT or UEFI secure boot, I think this method is a lot easier than Regedit inside the installation program. 

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Can you please share the link to the article that you are referring to?

Sorry but I no longer have the link... but the news has been provide by Microsoft itself... not just a rumor I can tell you. But I do not know how it has evolved since that. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fantomas said:

Sorry but I no longer have the link... but the news has been provide by Microsoft itself... not just a rumor I can tell you. But I do not know how it has evolved since that. 

I trust you man I'm not looking for a proof I was just curious about the procedure to know how it's done without any extra efforts but it's ok.

• Like 1

another useful way to bypass the requirements check on windows 11 installation:

https://www.techpowerup.com/287584/windows-11-tpm-requirement-bypass-it-in-5-minutes

the bypass registry key for Windows 11 installation:

bypass.reg.zip

AllowUpgrade reg key for allowing upgrade from Windows 10 to 11:

Allow upgrade registry key.reg.zip

• Thanks 1