How to check if intel 530 is using hardware acceleration?

bhuether

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have RX 480 as my display card in my Gigabyte Z170x UD5, i6700 Skylake setup. Hackintool shows that it uses acceleration.

The tool also shows my intel 530 iGPU, but doesn't show that hardware acceleration, etc, is enabled.

I am trying to confirm it is enabled so that apps that take advantage of Quick Sync will be using hardware acceleration in both GPUs.

Any ideas?

(I have similar post in the Catalina install subforum and maybe moderator should delete that one?)

thanks

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 4.05.06 PM.png

Hi, thanks. VDADecoderChecker shows full hardware support. And VideoProc also. VIdeoProc shows my intel 530.  I have RX 480, and so was trying to figure out are both GPUs making themselves seen to MAC OS? I know FCP sees the RX 480 for rendering/export.  My understanding is that in terms of Quick Sync, the OS will determine whether to use iGPU or dGPU for the hardware acceleration.  So I can't figure out if other apps besides FCP are using the RX 480, or if only the intel 530 will be used.

I think you should see results of your favorite applications and decide if they are OK for you.

I have similar setup as you but I don't know what to say because I am not using FCP.