Unable to update beta release

vamose

5 posts in this topic

Installed Monterey using the 4th-gen or below Core i Intel processor (use EFI OpenCore Serie 100.200) from olarila.com/files/?dir=Folders.

Upon install completion, I tried using my BigSur Open Core boot drive, the boot process went smooth, the system is usable. The issue is only when trying to upgrade to new beta. I have to switch back to olarila.com boot drive. olarila.com acquired boot loader has lots of file and I am unsure which ones are must have.

Any suggestion which files must be copied to open core boot loader? 

Changed smbios to reflect MACPRO 7,1 in open core config file.

Edited by vamose

Supervisor, not sure what you are referring to.

Do I need to add a profile? or is it related to the boot parameter?

I have no issue booting with the OC that I have used for Big Sur. The issue is only with upgrade of Beta. I can download the beta, but the installation never happens. After download of the beta, the installation cycle begins, I get the message of "Restarting in 56 seconds...." but upon reboot no change. 

Thanks Allan for your response. 

Two options are presented, the whole installation process initiates, goes through multiple reboot sequence. But once logged in, the system profile does not show the new release and the software update also has a notification of new release available.

so uncertain, which file in particular do I need to make the update possible.