OC_ATTR_USE_POINTER_CONTROL

draylax

7 posts in this topic

I search already for 'pointer',no results.

So I have post question.

OpenCore
Misc>PickerAttributes:

It says 'when available'.
How is possible to 'make available' this pointer. ie: what is needed to make the pointer work in picker?

My Opencore 0.7.2, there is no pointer, I have 'Built In' selected.

I ask because the 'Restart' and 'Shutdown' text on Picker cannot be selected with keyboard, 'R' or 'S' key not activate it.

So I must be assuming both 'Restart' and 'Shutdown' text is a button, that only can be selected with mouse click??

Dunno, I try go into OpenShell.efi, type in 'shutdown -h now' or r'eboot' but it not recognise these commands.

========================================================

Probably get in trouble for mix questions, but my OpenCore list have Windows at top, is possible put the M$ RetardOS lower and below macOS so macOS is top?

danke

3 hours ago, drayon said:

OpenCore
Misc>PickerAttributes:

How is possible to 'make available' this pointer. ie: what is needed to make the pointer work in picker?

I ask because the 'Restart' and 'Shutdown' text on Picker cannot be selected with keyboard, 'R' or 'S' key not activate it.

So I must be assuming both 'Restart' and 'Shutdown' text is a button, that only can be selected with mouse click??

Dunno, I try go into OpenShell.efi, type in 'shutdown -h now' or r'eboot' but it not recognise these commands.

Probably get in trouble for mix questions, but my OpenCore list have Windows at top, is possible put the M$ RetardOS lower and below macOS so macOS is top?

Please complete your signature (user >> profile), we need to know your hardware to help you.

'when available' means when OpenCore detects a mouse. In most cases it is automatically detected.

You must have Picker Mode as External (not Built In) if you want to have pointer. But then you must have OpenCanopy.efi driver and a valid Resources folder (you can download this from Acidanthera).

You can reach 'Restart' and 'Shutdown' buttons by keyboard (TAB key) or mouse. Set Picker Attributes as 144 if it doesn't have this value.

OpenShell.efi only accepts EFI commands, this is a short list of EFI shell commands:

• cd - Update/view the current directory
  • cls - Clear the standard output 
  • date - Display the current date or set the date of the system
  • devices - Display devices managed by EFI drivers
  • devtree - Display tree of devices
  • dir - Display a list of files and subdirectories in a directory
  • drivers - Display list of drivers
  • edit - Edit an ASCII or UNICODE file in full screen
  • exit - Exit EFI Shell environment
  • ls - Display a list of files and subdirectories in a directory
  • map - Map shortname to device path
  • mkdir - Create one or more directories
  • pci - Display PCI devices
  • rm - Delete one or more files/directories
  • touch - Update time of file/directory with current time
  • type - Display the contents of a file
  • ver - Display the version information.

Remember fill in your signature. You can upload your config.plist file so we can see it.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

Thanks for the above info miliuco, very useful, I'll use Tab to the Restart/Shutdown, that works fine, so not wanna make it more complicated. Thanks also for the OpenShell.EFI command, that'll be handy.

Added build components in signature now, maybe is useful.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2021 at 3:27 PM, drayon said:

I search already for 'pointer',no results.

So I have post question.

OpenCore
Misc>PickerAttributes:

========================================================

danke

Restart, Shutdown: use Tab key.

Mouse: If not on Mac hardware, load one or other of the two mouse drivers in OC/Drivers.