HD3000 or GT 210 in Bigsur?

8 posts in this topic

Legacy-Video-Patch supports Catalina. I did not create a program for Bigsur and Monterey

its totaly diferant, if I made one it will share on github

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

Hi @chris1111

Does your Legacy-Video-Patch supports Bigsur, specifically HD3000 & GT 210?

It seems more like a private discussion to me, so why open a topic?  :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fantomas said:

It seems more like a private discussion to me, so why open a topic?  :)

I think it is not a totally private conversation, @ellaosx's query and @chris1111's answer can be useful to users with the same doubt.

• Like 1

He'll correct me if required (and most probably will) but Chris1111's legacy video packaged app basically applies patches for Mojave and Catalina up to 10.15.3 that were developed by people at MacRumors. It basically simply automates a manual process detailed at MacRumors, the place from which they emanate (lookup the thread untitled "Big Sur on unsupported Mac"). Chris1111 did not create or develop any of those patches.

It's a useful tool for sure but such tools tend to keep people in the dark as far as the changes really made to macOS are concerned. I described the actual process here and in Mojave & Catalina guides for old Dell laptops here or here. From 10.15.4 onwards, patchers such as Dosdude1's are required as I don't believe Chris1111's package works with those Catalina versions due to the sheer complexity of re-inventing that particular wheel.

These patches do not apply to Big Sur and, of course, even less to Monterey beta. There was on-going work a few months ago on developping patches for unsupported HD3000 and nVidia Tesla graphics in Big Sur with OCLP but it was nowhere near finished and not ready for relaase. I've not looked at it for a while but feel free to look it up.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Hi @chris1111

Does your Legacy-Video-Patch supports Bigsur, specifically HD3000 & GT 210?

I will make a program soon for Big Sur and Monterey 

No complicating manual thing  I made a patch for Intel HD 3000 and Geforce low graphics card :wink_anim: I need test myself before

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Hervé said:

There was on-going work a few months ago on developping patches for unsupported HD3000 and nVidia Tesla graphics in Big Sur with OCLP but it was nowhere near finished and not ready for relaase. I've not looked at it for a while but feel free to look it up.

OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher release 0.1.8 and newer added support for HD3000 and nVidia Tesla in macOS Big Sur eg my Dell XPS M1530 legacy laptop with Geforce 8600M Tesla Graphics running 11.2.3...

Spoiler

1885286888_BigSur11.2.3onXPSM1530Cloverr5137.thumb.png.4afed9748ba9ee7a789724b536e3251d.png

For the latest news re legacy graphics patching from @ASentientBot, @khronokernel, and the other OCLP developers, check the OCLP issues page.  Note Monterey not yet working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1