is it worth upgrading opencore to 0.7.0 from 0.6.4?

Cwtf

7 posts in this topic

The best you can do is doing a test using a USB stick. If it boots, just copy to the EFI partition and don't forget to clean the NVRam to avoid issues.

I'm using the last release 0.7.1 (be2d9fe7) and it's amazing!

Another thing, if you want to receive a precise hints, we need to know what hardware are you using. 😃 👇

0.7.1 gets released tomorrow, probably best to wait a day.

Depends if you want any of the new features or not. I think there may have been some fixes for AppleSecureModel at some point as well, might've been right after 0.6.3. 0.7.0 had a lot of changes related to theming for OpenCanopy as well.

0.6.4 should still run Monterey though, unless something changes in future betas.

If you do update, I'd recommend going through the Differences.pdf from each version to see what's new. It'll describe changes in the config.plist and any changes in behavior as OC as well.

• Like 3

Guest 5T33Z0

@Cwtf I've written an in-depth guide to updating OpenCore (Link in my signature). You will need 0.7.1 at least if you want to upgrade to macOS Monterey in the future. So keeping OpenCore up to date is good practise.

18 hours ago, Allan said:

The best you can do is doing a test using a USB stick. If it boots, just copy to the EFI partition and don't forget to clean the NVRam to avoid issues.

I'm using the last release 0.7.1 (be2d9fe7) and it's amazing!

Another thing, if you want to receive a precise hints, we need to know what hardware are you using. 😃 👇

Thanks Allan, I've updated my signature to reflect my configuration.

15 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

0.7.1 gets released tomorrow, probably best to wait a day.

Depends if you want any of the new features or not. I think there may have been some fixes for AppleSecureModel at some point as well, might've been right after 0.6.3. 0.7.0 had a lot of changes related to theming for OpenCanopy as well.

0.6.4 should still run Monterey though, unless something changes in future betas.

If you do update, I'd recommend going through the Differences.pdf from each version to see what's new. It'll describe changes in the config.plist and any changes in behavior as OC as well.

I'm on Catalina, and I have no plans on upgrading until it's EOL. But I'll follow your suggestion and check all the diffs.

7 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Cwtf I've written an in-depth guide to updating OpenCore (Link in my signature). You will need 0.7.1 at least if you want to upgrade to macOS Monterey in the future. So keeping OpenCore up to date is good practise.

Thanks this guide is very helpful.  I'm going to  give it a try.   

Edited by Cwtf