3 posts in this topic

Hello again, I seem to be having an issue with my kexts.  I was stupid and updated a bunch of kexts including VoodooPS2Controller, USBInjectAll, and XHCIUnsupported using Hackintool.  I then installed them directly to L/E by copying and pasting. :cry:

Now my trackpad and keyboard aren't working at all, and I can't seem to get the kexts uninstalled and reverted back to earlier versions.  If anyone could give me some pointers, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

-Techsoul

If you boot in single-user mode, cache is not used and kexts located in /L/E are ignored. You may therefore boot in single user mode (ideally through your USB installer), manually delete the unwanted kexts in /L/E and rebuild your cache afterwards before exiting single-user mode and resume normal boot.

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

If you boot in single-user mode, cache is not used and kexts located in /L/E are ignored. You may therefore boot in single user mode (ideally through your USB installer), manually delete the unwanted kexts in /L/E and rebuild your cache afterwards before exiting single-user mode and resume normal boot.

Thank you for your guidance!  I broke and bought APFS for Linux, then just transferred the old VoodooPS2Controller back into L/E by using copy commands.  Seems to be working fine now. :)

Thanks again.