Big Sur 11.1 in Pentium dual core g3240 with Nvidia gt 710

vinukn335

23 posts in this topic

I am facing kernel panic while clean installing Big Sur 11.1 on Intel Pentium dual core g3240 with NVidia gt 710.(I know it is not supported, Catalina works well!)
clover latest/oc latest

AMFI: SIP is off, allowing core dump for pid 1 (launchid)
pid 1 exited -- exit reason namespace 2 subcode 0x4, description none

IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleAHCIDiskDriver
IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleAHCIDiskDriver
IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleSMC

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff8006cbf016):initproc exited -- exit reason namespace 2 subcode 0x4

EFI-clover.zip EFI-oc.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 1:54 PM, vinukn335 said:

Aggressive LPM support".  disabled. same error. Any error in dsdt.aml?

Looking at your photos your using a very modern mother board, you will not need to use a DSDT file, and as pointed out above you will have to fake (spoof) your CPU i.d. I have a G3240 on a Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 running Big Sur 11.2.1 very well so it is all possible. I see from an earlier post you say you had it running Catalina perfectly. If so I suggest you change your smbios to allow BS to upgrade and maybe try that route. That is the way I went from Mojave to BS on the Z97 and the upgrade went without issues.

You will have to change your smbios to something like Mac Pro6,1/iMac15,1 or the likes as also pointed out above, and from memory my Z97 also has -xcpm. I'm not on that machine ATM so can't quote further as I'm on a Dell T5400 (also resurrected by open core).

Take a look here,  http:// https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/365   this will show you what changes you will need for your Haswell cpu.

I made the jump from clover to open core a few weeks ago and at the age of 69 for me it was a massive, massive learning curve but I can say its all worth it in the end and I'm still learning. If you still can't get anywhere I can post my Z97 config details etc which may help you get it off the ground.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 10:14 PM, Dirk_Digler said:

Looking at your photos your using a very modern mother board, you will not need to use a DSDT file, and as pointed out above you will have to fake (spoof) your CPU i.d. I have a G3240 on a Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 running Big Sur 11.2.1 very well so it is all possible. I see from an earlier post you say you had it running Catalina perfectly. If so I suggest you change your smbios to allow BS to upgrade and maybe try that route. That is the way I went from Mojave to BS on the Z97 and the upgrade went without issues.

You will have to change your smbios to something like Mac Pro6,1/iMac15,1 or the likes as also pointed out above, and from memory my Z97 also has -xcpm. I'm not on that machine ATM so can't quote further as I'm on a Dell T5400 (also resurrected by open core).

Take a look here,  http:// https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/365   this will show you what changes you will need for your Haswell cpu.

I made the jump from clover to open core a few weeks ago and at the age of 69 for me it was a massive, massive learning curve but I can say its all worth it in the end and I'm still learning. If you still can't get anywhere I can post my Z97 config details etc which may help you get it off the ground.

Hi, I tried every possible way to install Big sur on my Pentium G6400 with Nvidia GT 710, but could not do so.. Can anyone here points out if i go Opencore then what ACPI patches, KEXTS and Drivers are required to boot big sur and also how to spoof cpuid in Opencore Config.plist .. thats the main pain in the ass. 

10 hours ago, cyrhex said:

woul you mind to share the bootstrap patch for pentium hasswell?

No @Hervé, I installed Big Sur on my Intel Pentium G3220 like two days ago. To my surprise it turned out that emulating fake CPUID via Kernel>Emulate is not enough in case of BigSur at least for Pentium(had exactly the same KP). Bootstrap patch was necessary. Had some KP from VirtualSMC, reboot helped, also I had to put USB installer into USB3 port otherwise boot stuck.

So..., bootstrap patch. @cyrhex in config.plist Kernel>Patch put like this:

Arch: x86_64
Base: 
Comment: _xcpm_bootstrap (Ivy Bridge) 10.16
Count: 1
Enabled: YES
Find: 8d43c43c 427722
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask:
MaxKernel:
MinKernel: 20.
Replace: 8d43c63c 427722
ReplaceMask: 
Skip: 0

Edited by hardcorehenry
  • Like 1

Well, I’m not using clover for some time. If I’m correct KernelPm is CFGLock related stuff and I had it disabled(CFGLock unlock option present and enabled in bios). About KernelXCPM option, sometimes patches were commited with delay, so I preferred this option disabled and make my own patches(kernel+Hopper Disassembler). Unfortunately I wasn’t able to extract kernel from Install macOS Big Sur.app(11.3.1) with Pacifist that’s why complications.

Edited by hardcorehenry

13 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

No @Hervé, I installed Big Sur on my Intel Pentium G3220 like two days ago. To my surprise it turned out that emulating fake CPUID via Kernel>Emulate is not enough in case of BigSur at least for Pentium(had exactly the same KP). Bootstrap patch was necessary. Had some KP from VirtualSMC, reboot helped, also I had to put USB installer into USB3 port otherwise boot stuck.

So..., bootstrap patch. @cyrhex in config.plist Kernel>Patch put like this:

Arch: x86_64
Base: 
Comment: _xcpm_bootstrap (Ivy Bridge) 10.16
Count: 1
Enabled: YES
Find: 8d43c43c 427722
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask:
MaxKernel:
MinKernel: 20.
Replace: 8d43c63c 427722
ReplaceMask: 
Skip: 0

thnx man..i will try this on my pentium g3240...

• 1 year later...

Can you Please attach your EFI folder ?

I have intel g3220 and gt 710 kepler and catalina works just fine but with big sur and monterey I face kernel panics even after emulating fake CPU id

I tried opencore, olarila, clover and all possible solutions but not luck.

You are my last hope

8 hours ago, deepakdashcode said:

Can you Please attach your EFI folder ?

I have intel g3220 and gt 710 kepler and catalina works just fine but with big sur and monterey I face kernel panics even after emulating fake CPU id

I tried opencore, olarila, clover and all possible solutions but not luck.

You are my last hope

It’s "possible" bootstrap patch have changed. Unfortunately I don’t have BigSur/Monterey installed right now, so if you insist on booting with fake CPUID+bootstrap patch you’d have to post me kernel/s then I could "read them out"(patches).  Or you could try like I do, without emulating fake CPUID only with kernel patches. With those two patches I don’t need bootstrap patches(if  you have any you’d have to disable/remove them) and I’m/was able to boot from Sierra to BigSur maybe even Monterey(didn’t try though). Feel free to post your EFI folder.

Spoiler

417276060_ScreenShot2022-07-18at12_11_36AM.thumb.png.28c0a1875902090b7f3de00ca3805bcc.png

patches.plist.zip

Edited by hardcorehenry

Exactly how do I add these to patches to my config.plist , please help , actually I am not much experienced in hackintosh and about my EFI I simply use olarila EFI for haswell systems with modification of only CPUID, are these two patches meant to be added in config.plist or how I do not know please help

EFI.Opencore.Desktop.Haswell.Broadwell.zip

1 hour ago, deepakdashcode said:

🥲now it doesn't even detect the usb as a bootable drive !!

Does this config.plist contain only the changes or the full config.plist for Haswell g3220

Moreover I have a dedicated gt 710

I added 2 kernel>patches enabled 1 kernel>quirk and reordered your kexts in config.plist you provided with EFI folder you claiming you were able boot Catalina. Were you even able
to boot Catalina after adding fake CPUID with this/your original config.plist?

On 7/18/2022 at 6:36 PM, hardcorehenry said:

I added 2 kernel>patches enabled 1 kernel>quirk and reordered your kexts in config.plist you provided with EFI folder you claiming you were able boot Catalina. Were you even able
to boot Catalina after adding fake CPUID with this/your original config.plist?

Can you please attach your EFI ? IF it exceeds 10mb then please upload to some drive and send the link please 

Edited by deepakdashcode

• 4 months later...