OC 0.6.5 - Big Sur 11.1 Asus X99-A II i7-5820k Haswell-E GT720 Installation Help with Panic

xthunder

40 posts in this topic

Yes.... The Picker looks like this:

IMG_0093.thumb.JPG.25b98aeda7cdcf66e2ae18a4683c5963.JPG

After the initial installation is done, the default Picker should be on the "macOS Installer" but it comes up with "Install macOS Big Sur" so I hit right arrow and boot up with "macOS Installer"....

Some times, it would reboot before GUI with Apple logo comes up...

Some times, it would go on with GUI with Apple logo but about 1/6th way(progress bar), it would reboot...

I am keep choosing "macOS Installer" every time it reboots but it does pretty much the same....

10 minutes ago, Антико said:

Скорее всего у вас проблема с NVRAM. Я подготовил для вас файлы, по этой ссылке.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/x299-big-sur-support.302143/page-107#post-2203225

Архив.zip 1,99 МБ · 1 загрузка

If you are not able to perform these steps and send me the file.

Снимок экрана 2021-01-24 в 10.48.55.png

Edited by Антико

I was able to obtain:

<key>msu-product-url</key>

<data>bXN1LXByb2R1Y3QtdXJsOi8vRjgxRTQ5Q0EtOUQ0Qy00QTRCLUFCMUYtNDBBRTM0NjkyQzE2L21hY09TJTIwSW5zdGFsbCUyMERhdGE=</data>

(for my setup, of course)

from OpenCore debug file(s) - one thing that I have to change in the GenNVRAMKey is 'python' -> 'python2' since on my system python is default to python3 and it was giving me an error:

encoded = binascii.b2a_base64(s, newline=False)

TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'

I am about to try continuing the installation with updated config.plist.

Wish me luck!

• Thanks 1

I think I need a break LOL

After updating config.plist with msu-product-url added, it rebooted itself before getting to the Apple Logo, however on the 3rd boot, the Apple Logo showed up but it rebooted itself at around the same spot....

There are 14 opencore log files total but I am attaching the updated config.plist and some of the log files for review...

I am going to take a break and try again....

config.plist opencore-2021-01-24-045953.txt opencore-2021-01-24-054451.txt opencore-2021-01-24-050914.txt opencore-2021-01-24-053948.txt opencore-2021-01-24-054132.txt opencore-2021-01-24-054258.txt opencore-2021-01-24-045910.txt opencore-2021-01-24-045712.txt

• Sad 1

I am not giving up yet!

I just have been a bit busy but I am planning on start from scratch again.

Based on what I have tried and read, The installer is prepared correctly and the initial installation has no obvious error but X99-A II has broken NVRAM so I need to do some trick...

I also have a another PC with the same MB/CPU but one with GA-H170M-D3H-GSM runs Big Sur just fine - actually I am using this one to write this LOL  I can install Big Sur on this box and put EFI from my installer USB and see if it boots on X99-A II machine.

A few more things I can try...

• Like 1

Okay, I tried to short cut this time...

I did brand new installation on my other GA-H170M-D3H-GSM computer and 11.1 install went very smooth.  I completed installation and create an initial user and etc.

I moved the NVMe(this time I installed it on NVMe instead of small SSD) to X99-A II computer... with the debug Opencore EFI USB from the above, it recognized the NVMe(Macintosh HD) and I selected it to boot...  I reboots before it give me the Apple Logo  :(

I am attaching two(2) of the opencore log files for reference.

opencore-2021-01-29-032510.txt opencore-2021-01-29-032640.txt

1752730402_ScreenShot2021-01-28at9_01_23PM.thumb.jpg.27109c4588a5b761af09c9db9bcb33ad.jpg

Thank you everyone!!!!!  Especially @Антико!!!!

I had to complete the initial install on other computer and move it back into Asus X99-A II/i7-5820k/GT710 but it is finally working correctly so far.  I am currently using Opencore 0.6.5

The NVMe showed up as external disk so I have to find the device path and add that to config.plist and now it shows up as internal HD.

So far everything seems to be working fine AirDrop works fine with FV-T919

I still have to finish configuring a few more things and once I get everything sorted out I will post my EFI so others can use it as a reference.

Thanks again!!!!

• Thanks 1

Hello All,

So I have been running with the attached OC-0.6.5 based EFI on my X99-A II for almost a week now without any issue.

I had to get the Big Sur(11.1) installed on a Skylake machine and after fully configured, I brought it over to X99-A II with the attached EFI.

Again, I really appreciate all the help that @Антико provided!!!  I almost gave up on it LOL

Everything works great including AirDrop with Fenvi FV-T919!

Only complain waking up from sleep takes a bit more time than I would like - the machine itself powers up quickly and all but it takes 15-20 seconds for the screen to show up.... AND... I am still trying to find a good set of Serial/Board Serial/smUUID...  I have been trying but since I am looking for a valid(?) set for iMacPro1,1, it is just really hard to find a set.  And it seems like Apple has blocked my WAN IP from checkcoverage site so it is harder for me to check LOL

Thank you and I hope my reference EFI(attached) helps for anyone else who has X99-A II with similar problem.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 8:19 AM, xthunder said:

Hello All,

So I have been running with the attached OC-0.6.5 based EFI on my X99-A II for almost a week now without any issue.

I had to get the Big Sur(11.1) installed on a Skylake machine and after fully configured, I brought it over to X99-A II with the attached EFI.

Again, I really appreciate all the help that @Антико provided!!!  I almost gave up on it LOL

Everything works great including AirDrop with Fenvi FV-T919!

Only complain waking up from sleep takes a bit more time than I would like - the machine itself powers up quickly and all but it takes 15-20 seconds for the screen to show up.... AND... I am still trying to find a good set of Serial/Board Serial/smUUID...  I have been trying but since I am looking for a valid(?) set for iMacPro1,1, it is just really hard to find a set.  And it seems like Apple has blocked my WAN IP from checkcoverage site so it is harder for me to check LOL

Thank you and I hope my reference EFI(attached) helps for anyone else who has X99-A II with similar problem.

EFI.zip 8.84 MB · 46 

Hi sir

I am using Asus-x99+a-ii + I7 6800k 

I am installing catalina with your EFI.zip my audio not working, and my graphics card Evga-gt-710 no fully acceleration. Showing 5mb. 

Second I installing big sur with your EFI just like your problem on 12 minutes reboot verbus text and crash, instant reboot and not continuing installation plz help. 

Edited by majoract100