RestrictEvents kext

Planet X

6 posts in this topic

Since yesterday I have seen the RestrictEvents kext as Lilu plugin. I have loaded it in OC6.5 and have no issues. But now we have an option in OC already to block Firmware updates and also already run-efi-updater as NVRAM option. At the moment I run altogether but I think it's may be the OC options or the RestrictEvents kext isn't it?

Could somebody please let shine the light on this? 

• Like 1

Looks like a good question.  In the future, you may find more viewers of questions like this if you post them in the OpenCore Discussion.

EDIT: I just noticed that you did post a related question there already.

Edited by tonyx86

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i am on Catalina , OC 066 , iMac18,3 and use RestrictEvents kext.

As i looked in the console system.log - for an other reason - i see many, many (every few seconds!) of 

Feb  5 12:25:14 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.driver.eficheck[883]): Service exited with abnormal code: 78
Feb  5 12:25:14 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.driver.eficheck): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Feb  5 12:25:24 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.driver.eficheck[884]): Service could not initialize: 19H512: xpcproxy + 14537 [839][F3151671-4794-3393-AF04-C3421B7647F3]: 0x1

What can be wrong? 

The RestrictEvents kext. (actual 1.0)  is enabled in OC config and i cant see any config prob.

Must i use the EFICheckDisabler.kext (its codelessm only an .plist kext) also to get rid of the com.apple.driver.eficheck errors?

EDIT: I added EFICheckDisabler.kext and that avoids (first check) that com.apple.driver.eficheck errors in sytem.log

EFICheckDisabler.kext.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitch_de said:

Must i use the EFICheckDisabler.kext (its codelessm only an .plist kext) also to get rid of the com.apple.driver.eficheck errors?

It's a bit off topic. Error message from com.apple.driver.eficheck.kext tells you that you have incompatible LPCB. Once you fix LPCB device-id and compatible(SSDT-hotpatch or config.plist>DeviceProperties>Add) you won’t need  EFICheckDisabler.kext.

• Like 1

Thankyou. For me i understand now 2 . liitle differnt things.

1. Avoid running the eficheck process

2. if 1. works, also avoid to launch the LaunchDaemon which fails (eficheck disabled) but endless loop of trying to start eficheck .

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com EFICHECK

I see at that  the LaunchDaemon try to start eficeck (/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.driver.eficheck.plist) and fails because of Restrict events kext?

So Restrict events kext does the job right to avoid running eficheck process , but the system trys to start eficheck again and again?

PS: Adding  EFICheckDisabler.kext  didnt help  (i think this plist kext injects LPCB device-ids) getting of launch error spam in system.log.

Would it be the best to delete that /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.driver.eficheck.plist so that it is never launched?