Switching existing install from AMD to Intel?

stooovie

3 posts in this topic

I have a very well working Ryzen 9 Big Sur hackintosh (even sleep works!) but as Adobe is my bread and butter and the list of incompatibilities just keeps getting longer, I'm switching to an i9 10850k (on Asus Prime Z490-p, with RX 580). 

Question: do I just use a different OpenCore (0.6.3) EFI? The install itself should just work, right? I'll sign out of iCloud to be safe. Anything else? Thanks!

Edited by stooovie

5 hours ago, stooovie said:

I have a very well working Ryzen 9 Big Sur hackintosh (even sleep works!) but as Adobe is my bread and butter and the list of incompatibilities just keeps getting longer, I'm switching to an i9 10850k (on Asus Prime Z490-p, with RX 580). 

Question: do I just use a different OpenCore (0.6.3) EFI? The install itself should just work, right? I'll sign out of iCloud to be safe. Anything else? Thanks!

plug in an external HD in your AMD hackintosh and make a clone  from your runningable HD with Carbon Copy Clone or with SuperDuper!.
After cloning, open the EFI partition of your external HD and change the drivers and the Config.plist according to your Intel hardware, then your Intel hardware should boot.

Use these search terms: "macOS Big Sur on Asus Prime Z490-p + Intel i9 10850k + RX 580" to find either here on insanelymac.com or by using the google search engine to find ready-to-run OS drivers and Config.plist for your Intel hardware. Otherwise use the dortania instructions, so you will realize that.: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide

• 1 month later...

This was super easy and worked on first boot. I did create a super.duper clone just to be safe, but it was enough just to erase the existing EFI and create a new one. All I had to do otherwise was to log out of iCloud before the switch. Thanks.