Some Big Sur users are unable to update macOS due to an MDM bug

HenryV

3 posts in this topic

Developer Victor Vrantchan, of the open source MicroMDM project, says he's found the problem. Some Macs are erroneously requesting 11.0.1 instead of 11.1 from Apple's update server—which update is then rejected if the machine in question is already running 11.0.1 or newer, as most such are.

45 minutes ago, HenryV said:

Developer Victor Vrantchan, of the open source MicroMDM project, says he's found the problem. Some Macs are erroneously requesting 11.0.1 instead of 11.1 from Apple's update server—which update is then rejected if the machine in question is already running 11.0.1 or newer, as most such are.

I resolved by installing 11.1 from the AppStore. (not from the System Preferences)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 8:43 PM, HenryV said:

Yeah, I update Catalina directly  to 11.1 (20C69), enrolled Big Sur to beta, than I briefly saw a notice that the update 11.0.1 is available, following with "There is no update available for this system" warning, after refresh 11.2 beta is offered, but after 30 seconds it returns Network error (network works perfectly).

{censored}, will have to wait for official version - hope it will work....