leonardocaloi

4 posts in this topic

1123835766_WhatsAppImage2020-12-13at05_22_34.thumb.jpeg.b04860f95a141bceff4799b0b4995d0c.jpeg

Hi, I'm new here. I bought the parts to make my first hackintosh, I already assembled the machine and I'm having trouble installing the hackintosh. It does not reach the disk utility, and halfway through the screen goes black.

I have a lot of important work to do and I need this computer working well.

I would like to know if there is a type of complete guide that teaches you how to assemble the right clover, and understand all the peculiarities necessary for each type of hardware, firmware, driver, versions etc.

I am trying to install Catalina 10.15.7, but I saw that I really need to focus on this for everything to work well, instead of trying any tutorial. My intention is to install Catalina 10.15.7 and dual boot with Windows 10 (650GB/350GB). 

My setup is as follows:

• Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-fi Intel 1151 DDR4 ATX
  • Intel Core i9-9900k Coffee Lake Refresh, LGA 1151
  • AORUS Radeon RX 5700 XT, 8GB
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2x32GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 C16 Black
  • SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • HD Seagate BarraCuda, 2TB, 3.5´, SATA - ST2000DM008
  • WaterCooler Corsair H115i PRO RGB Hydro Series
  • Corsair RM1000x 1000W 80plus Gold Modular bivolt
  • Corsair Carbide Air 540
  • Wi-Fi/BT: https://pt.aliexpress.com/i/4000027376561.html (not yet arrived)

I am following the following topic, which I should already thank the collaborators immensely:

I have some doubts, anyone who can help would be grateful:

1. Is there really a maximum amount of ram to install Catalina for the first time? Once I read that the maximum should be 16GB, does this happen? Will I have to decrease it to 16GB to install? Link:

2. Is it possible to use the Evo 970 Plus SSD? I read that "Plus" gives problems, but that can be solved by updating the firmware. I have successfully updated mine. And I still don't know if that could be the cause of a problem ...

3. In the tutorial I quoted above, you have the following note, below the versions of the clovers: "If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod = pikera from the boot arguments." I have no idea how to do this. Does anyone know how to do?

4. Which method is most recommended? Clover or OpenCore? I would like to understand what is behind this.

Ps. I will soon update the motherboard bios from F11 to F12j.

5. Is CFG Unlock necessary in this case?

6. What is a DSTS? What is it for? Is required?

7. Is there any other step, in your opinion, that is necessary and I missed this tutorial?

Thank you in advance, I've been racking my brain for days ...

1, Theres no maximum amount of memory that you can use other then your motherboard boards limit.

2, The 970 EVO Plus works perfectly just make sure it’s on the latest firmware before using it with macos.

3, agdpmod = pikera is in the boot arguments under your nvram inside the config.plist but if you leave it in there for now it won’t do any harm.

4, use OpenCore 

5, CFG unlock is highly recommended and it’s also built into the latest bios firmware as a option so all you need to do is update to the latest bios and dial in the bios settings laid out on page one of my thread.

6, A DSDT contains vital information about your motherboard and many other things but it’s only relevant if your using clover not OpenCore so you can ignore this.

7, Everything is clearly laid out on my thread so just follow it step by step and your be fine, you can skip most of glasgoods guide and use my mini guide instead as your find it a lot easier. 

This is the best source for information on anything you don’t know how to do like generating your own details or creating a usb install key so use this guide as your reference point for anything you don’t know how to do,

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello @AudioGod , I would like to thank you immensely. I got it! I used your Clover. But I still have some doubts. If you can help, I would be grateful!

1. How to boot my hackintosh without using USB? The sleep function is not working too.

2. There are 2 Macintosh in the disk utility, is it normal?

596848271_ScreenShot2020-12-14at12_18_04.png.c24cd14cd8fed77a45e7c9a9f4649819.png

3. Is there a kind of checklist where I can check if everything is working perfectly? Considering your EFI ...

4. Does my Corsair WC H115i need a drive or is it all right?

Thanks!

Hello @AudioGod
I did the process to boot using Clover_5127.pkg and it went wrong. In the installation I marked the options for this video, however, with this version that I mentioned above.

When I call, a Christmas theme appears, and when it enters, a block symbol appears. When I insert the pendrive and boot from the pendrive, it works, but now my ssd has this boot that doesn't work, what do I do?