razor7

[SUCCESS] Install BigSur on Huananzhi X99 F8

8 posts in this topic

Hi! After reading the whole OpenCore Install Guide I was able to install BigSur on my rig:

• Huananzhi X99 F8 (See pictureED032598-19FB-4D7D-86A4-A8DFD7E23F2D.thumb.jpeg.73e4ea11530ebdc8ddcc4e3ee1542178.jpeg)
  • Intel Xeon E5-2680 v4
  • 64 GB RAM ECC
  • Aorus RX580 8GB
  • NVNe Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB
  • NVNe Kingston SA2000M81000G 1TB

Uploaded EFI folders are, one for the install USB (with full debug enabled and logging to file in the USB stick) and the other for the post install EFI overwrite. It lacks cosmetics for OpenCore.

BIOS settings I was able to find in my BIOS (? means not found):

• Disable
    • - Fast Boot
    • - Secure Boot
    • - Serial/COM Port
    • ? Parallel Port
    • - VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
    • - CSM
    • ? Thunderbolt
    • ? Intel SGX
    • ? Intel Platform Trust
    • - CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection) CodeRush's UEFI patch
  • Enable
    • - VT-x
    • - Above 4G decoding
    • ? Hyper-Threading
    • - Execute Disable Bit
    • - EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
    • ? OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
    • ? DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
    • - SATA Mode: AHCI

In the step Making the installer on MacOS (I created the install USB from another hackintosh with High Sierra) I had to run this command, because BigSur is not documented there:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

1954627246_CapturadePantalla2020-12-12ala(s)11_03_46.png.01ee1e84b0bcfa1780eac8ff92e8b1ae.png

PS: I strongly recommend newcomers like me to read the full OpenCore install guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

At the ACPI step, create each file manually, it's not so difficult and you get tailored ACPI files EFIs.zip

Edited by razor7

2 hours ago, razor7 said:

PS: I strongly recommend newcomers like me to read the full OpenCore install guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

At the ACPI step, create each file manually, it's not so difficult and you get tailored ACPI files EFIs.zip

:thumbsup_anim: :yes: :thumbsup_anim: :yes: :thumbsup_anim: :yes:

• 2 weeks later...