[Solved] Unable to complete 10.15.7 Supplemental Update installation

d620osx

6 posts in this topic

Hi

Sorry had posted this in the wrong section and had omitted the necessary information. 

@Hervé - Apologise and thank you for the head up.

I seem to be having issues updating my machine from the system menu, or the combo update. I am currently running 10.15.7 but when I try and instal the latest supplementary update, the machine reboot and when I log in it still states that an update is outstanding.

I think the issue may be with my clover install, as when the update is installed, and the system boots up I do not see the additional update option (not sure what it is called sorry).

I have attached my clover folder and the machine I am using is a Dell Optiplex 790 i5 with a GT210 GPU.

I would be very grateful if someone can check my clover folder for me and confirm what I have setup wrong to stop the system updating.

Thank you

CLOVER.zip

Edited by d620osx

Thank you @Hervé for always helping.

I have updated my profile after checking the build on my machine. I have :

Optiplex 790 Core i5 2400 3.1 GHz  - Intel® 2nd Gen - 16GB DDR3 - MSI GT710 2GB

I had updated the GPU to GT710 :| when I moved to 10.15 but completely forgot.

When I select on update the machine reboot but at the clover stage I do not get the "install macOS from ..." so not sure where the issue is.

Thank you

When I click on F3 at the clover menu, I can see:

• Boot max OS X from xxx via pre boot
  • Boot macOS from xxx
  • Boot Mac OS X recovery for xxx via Recovery

I do not see the option for install macOS from...

I will update the clover for the GPU once I have fix the update issue.

Thank you

Edited by Hervé
Removed duplicated contents

Thank you @Hervé for all the pointers today. I think the issue may have been the nvram.

Found another thread on the forum which suggested booting into clover and clicking on F11. Then log in to Mac OS and select the upgrade. On the system re-booting I could see install mac os from xxx - data. After two re-boots I the system has updated.