OpenCore Inject Nvidia

NBABASKETBALL

16 posts in this topic

Hello

I am trying to convert from Clover to Opencore but unfortunately OpenCore doesn't have an equivalent to the Inject Nvidia and I get a black screen after the boot process. My gpu is a MSI GT 210 and I am running Catalina 10.15.5 (using the legacy video patch from dosdude and chris111). I've been told that I need DSDT to set up my GFX0 device properly. Using clover I can boot without problems and with full acceleration. I can boot with OpenCore but only with nv_disable=1. 

OC FolderOC.zip

My IOREG: Antonios’s iMac.zip

Edited by NBABASKETBALL

Try the attached SSDT to enable Nvidia GPU on OC.

Copy the attached file SSDT-GFX0-210.aml to EFI/OC/ACPI

Copy the attached file config.plist to EFI/OC

config.plist

SSDT-GFX0-210.aml

Also, why are you using VooDooHDA kext ? Have you tried AppleALC.kext instead ?

@Hervé He started a thread here but apparently the Forums prevents him from replying because he is "new" ?? Seems crazy that the Forums let him start a thread there but not allow him to reply. So, he created a new post here. He has mentioned his system specs.

@Hervé My specs are old but with iMac 15,1 they work fine. I used to have iMac 14,2 but I tried a Big Sur install on my second hard drive and then I didn't bother changing it. do you suggest any reasons why I should? 

CPU: xeon e3120 

Dell optiplex 330 motherboard

GPU: GT 210

4GB DDR2 RAM

500GB WD SSD

@MacNB Thank you so much. I booted with full acceleration and everything. I know can get rid of clover. 

Hiy MacNB,
I have a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M with Processor: Intel Core i5 Speed: 2.39 GHz and all work fine with Clover but I would like to switch to Opencore due to better stability and some premium features so I created an EFI folder that follows Dortania's guides and I'm stuck close to IOConsole users: gIOScreenLock so I know this is a GPU related issue.
In Clover, I only use the InjectNvidia tag but I don't know how to duplicate that in the Opencore configuration
  Thank you for your help

config.plist

KH’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Your config.plist file does NOT match the IOREG output.

That is, the IOREG file shows that your Mac is a MacBook Pro 16,3 but your config.plist file shows that you are using iMacPro1,1.

It appears that you have taken someone's desktop config file for your laptop.

E.g. in the ACPI section, you are adding SSDT-PMC.aml but that is usually for a desktop system with Z370 chipset :unsure:

Model ID has a large impact on Graphics and CPU power management.

MacBookPro16,3 is a strange choice for such an old i5 520M CPU - especially for power management and battery life.

For your laptop you should be using MacBookPro6,2 - but that does not support Catalina so you could try -no_compat_check boot-args.

If MacBookPro16,3 works for you then good luck.

I am surprised that you have working system with Quadra FX880M since that GPU is based on GT216M chip and only supported up to High Sierra I think. But then I do not have experience of Nvidia on laptops.

Any way, based on the IOREG you posted, I have added Device properties for your FX880M and changed the SystemProductName to MacBookPro16,3. You need to Fill In the missing platformInfo fields and try it.

kmsn-config.plist

• 2 years later...
On 11/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, deeveedee said:

@NBABASKETBALL @MacNB My thread here might help.  I'm running Monterey and Big Sur on HackBookPro6,2 using Open Core.  Big Sur runs perfectly and I'm still trying to resolve a few issues with Monterey.

@deeveedee Thank you but I don't have the problem. I was just helping others to show how to Inject Nvidia GPU settings with OC. 

Your thread (great BTW), uses SSDT and I do the same too but can you just use OC to inject Device Properties just as effectively and it's all contained within one file...the config.plist just like this:

Inject-Nvidia.thumb.png.7b1732df8cf28e359b31dec089775ef9.png

Both methods have their uses.

• 2 weeks later...

@MacNB I also like OC's DeviceProperties.  I use them in my other hacks like my HackMini8,1.  My OC-based Dell Latitude E6410 solution involved a time-intensive migration from my CLOVER-based solution.  Since my CLOVER-based solution already had Nvidia device properties in a custom DSDT, copying my ACPI patch from the custom DSDT to an SSDT was easier.  I do agree that the OC DeviceProperties are nice.

Edited by deeveedee

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 9:46 PM, deeveedee said:

@MacNB I also like OC's DeviceProperties.  I use them in my other hacks like my HackMini8,1.  My OC-based Dell Latitude E6410 solution involved a time-intensive migration from my CLOVER-based solution.  Since my CLOVER-based solution already had Nvidia device properties in a custom DSDT, copying my ACPI patch from the custom DSDT to an SSDT was easier.  I do agree that the OC DeviceProperties are nice.

Hello! Can help my laptop repair video card, the ASUS - k40id,graphics GT320M, clover<key>NVidia</key><true/> opencore?

See above said there are two kinds of methods, the SSDT OC DeviceProperties。
C0000. ROM in clover press F6 to extract, vgabios. ROM extracted in the Windows software。
Hackintool exported pcidevices plist。

thank you!

c0000.rom vgabios.rom pcidevices.plist

Edited by jackacc