Can't install Big Sur on SSD

ANONIMNIQ

8 posts in this topic

I tried to fresh install Big Sur on new M.2 nvme ssd drive, but installation stops with this error. I also tried to copy my old installation from HDD to SSD with Carbon Cloner, but Opencore can't recognize boot partition. What is the problem and why I can't boot from SSD?

IMG_20201017_125845_1.jpg

2 hours ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

I tried to fresh install Big Sur on new M.2 nvme ssd drive, but installation stops with this error. I also tried to copy my old installation from HDD to SSD with Carbon Cloner, but Opencore can't recognize boot partition. What is the problem and why I can't boot from SSD?

IMG_20201017_125845_1.jpg

Upload the complete EFI folder so that we can see what you have installed or what settings you have made in config.plist to be able to help you.

add the bootflag "vsmcgen=1" to your bootargs in the config.plist

Edit:

i miss the VirtualSMC.kext in your kext folder. I have also uploaded other drivers for you, add them to your Kext folder and restart your system

Kexts.zip

add the bootflag "vsmcgen=1" to your bootargs in the config.plist

Edit:

i miss the VirtualSMC.kext in your kext folder. I have also uploaded other drivers for you, add them to your Kext folder and restart your system

Edit:

if your system boots succesfully into the desktop, then start the Kext Uploader app so that all kext drivers will uploaded on your desktop. The download will be placed in a folder on your desktop, you will then have to move these manually to the EF/OC/Kext folderKext_Updater_3.6.5.zip

I have virtualsmc in my kexts. Which other kexts to install? I tried with nvmefix and new virtualsmc without success. Btw I installed Catalina without problems on the same SSD but when I tried to update to latest Big Sur beta, installer stop at the same place.

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I had a problem with the USB ports that had some devices connected (apart from keyboard). It will not allow me to pass a certain point (seems the same problem here since its not a panic). Try to disconnect all devices in the usb chain.