X99 Xeon E5 2676v3 Dual CPU Hackintosh

zhänx

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

yesterday I started a project to put macOS Catalina on my Dual Socket System. But I canˋt find good instructions or EFI-Folders in the web.

Here are the specs:

- 2x Xeon E5 2676v3 (Haswell)

- X99 Huananzhi Motherboard

- Vega 56 Asus Strix

Does anyone know, which bootloader is netter for this system? Opencore or Clover?

Maybe some of you have an identical system and can post the efi folder.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am thinking about setting up a machine with the same motherboard and processors, also with Catalina. I understand that Clover can be work perfectly, I have no experience with Opencore. I would like to know if you have advanced anything. Thank you very much and greetings.

This EFI for DUAL CPU huananzhi x99-f8d

Try your best enjoy.EFI.zip

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have the following system. Huananzhi x99-f8d with two Intel Xeon E5 2678 V3 processors and 63 gb of Ram and Radeon 570 graphics.
I have managed to install CATALINA and would like to use this EFI. When I have tried, the system does not boot. Do you have to configure the bios in some specific way? I don't know if the error is there.
Thank you

• 1 month later...

Has anybody tried installing Catalina on a dual processor C600/X79 chipset server yet?

I have had a Dell T420 working like a charm for ages, on Sierra... time to upgrade, but I can't get the darn thing to boot. RX560 video, 2 cpus, 96GB RAM, UEFI

Any basic tips? Seems the two XEON CPUs 2450v2 are the problem... or something PCI related with the split PCI slots? 

I would be grateful for any pointers... let alone and EFI folder to download an try!
PS: I have only dealt with Clover in the past and definitely new to Open Core....