Cyberdevs

3 posts in this topic

Mac mini 2018 Hackintosh

This guide will help you setup macOS Mojave on your Gigabyte BRIX GB-BSi3H/GB-BSi5H/GB-BSi7H series.

Spoiler

BRIX.png

The best macOS version that works flawlessly is macOS Mojave which you can get almost everything to work with not much effort.

Main Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-6100U2.3GHz

Memory: 2 x SO-DIMM DDR3L slots (DDR3 1.35V) 1600MHz Max. 16GB

LAN: Gigabit LAN (Intel i219V)

Wifi Card: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 520

HDMI Resolution (Max.) 4096 x 2160 @ 24Hz

Mini DP Resolution (Max.) 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz

Audio: Realtek ALC255

Expansion Slots:

1 x M.2 slot (2280_storage)

1 x PCIe M.2 NGFF 2230 A-E key slot occupied by the WiFi+BT card

Front I/O:

2 x USB 3.0

1 x head phone Jack

1 x Mic phone Jack

Spoiler

Front IO.png

Rear I/O:

1 x HDMI (1.4a)

1 x Mini DisplayPort (1.2)

2 x USB 3.0

1 x RJ45

1 x DC-In

1 x Kensington lock slot

Spoiler

Rear IO.png

Storage:

Supports 2.5” HDD/SSD, 7.0/9.5 mm thick (1 x 6 Gbps SATA 3)

My Specs:

Intel® Core™ i3-6100U2.3GHz Processor

8GB PC3L-DDR3 RAM (2x4GB Samsung Memory Modules)

1 Plextor 250 GB M.2 SATA SSD Disk Drive

1 Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD

What works:

USB ports:

All 4 USB ports work perfectly fine with no need for using the custom SSDTs.

Audio:

Realtek ALC255 Audio codec works with AppleALC.kext (with Lilu) using Layout-id=11 (Thanks to the acidanthera developers (AKA dortania)

(you can also use these layout-ids: 11, 13,15, 86)

Lan:

Intel Gigabit LAN (Intel i219V) works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext (Thanks to @Mieze) and IntelMausi.kext fork by acidanthera

Graphics:

Intel HD 520 works with Whatevergreen.kext

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth:

Intel Bluetooth works OOB

macOS Mojave almost supports everything except for Intel Wi-Fi card which can be fixed with itlwm.kext and Heliport application which were developed by OpenIntelWireless project developers (thanks guy/s or gal/s)

Here is the list of supported Intel Wi-Fi adapters that will work with itlwn.kext and Heliport.

About activating the Wi-Fi you need to run the Heliport application which replaces macOS’s built-in Wi-Fi menu and you can scan and connect to all the available Wi-Fi networks around you.

You need to add the Heliport.app to “Login Items” under the Users & Groups in System Preferences for it to load with macOS.

Another issue with the Intel Wi-Fi and the macOS that I encountered is that the Signal Strength drops but it hasn’t disrupt my network connectivity so far so it could be a bug.

Sleep works fine with macOS Mojave but I had no luck getting it to work on Catalina and Big Sur (I didn't even try that hard to get it to work anyways because I like Mojave better lol).

What not works:

The only thing that doesn’t work is the AirDrop which is because of the Intel Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and if you replace the Wi-Fi+BT card with a supported Broadcom adapter will work eventually.

Here is the list of macOS Compatible Wi-Fi adapters (thanks to dortania group for the details list)

Thanks to the Clover Bootloader's developers; Thanks to the acidanthera team and everyone else in the Hackintosh community for their hard work and support.

Here is the EFI folder with Clover r5121:

Gigabyte Brix Mojave Clover r5121.zip

• Like 3