Laptop will not sleep

SavageAUS

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me out and give me an idea on why sleep is not working on my laptop.

Apple menu sleep and lid sleep both are not working.

I believe i have CPU power management correct and display brightness works.

This behaviour happens on both Catalina and Big Sur so it must be a config / ACPI problem.

Edited by SavageAUS

[mention]MaLd0n [/mention] I removed all SSDT's and used DSDT only, still no sleep unfortunately.

And the DSDT broke Windows 10 booting with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR and I need to have windows boot from OC.

Also no AppleBusPowerController in ioreg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send me Shanes-MacBook-Pro.zip

1514882008_ScreenShot2020-08-07at11_17_59am.png.3b87300234f949d744120b2d8204ac82.png

Edited by SavageAUS

[mention]MaLd0n [/mention] are you able to share your patch source so I can patch one by one to find the culprit of the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR and then hopefully modify it to work only in macOS as Windows booting is just as important as Mac booting from OC.

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

@d5aqoep consider yourself tagged to check to check my port mapping. EFI and everything else is posted above.

2 changes you need to make:

1. If you are using USBPorts.kext assuming you have correctly mapped all required ports, you should not use SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP.aml.
  2. Instead of Dortania ssdt for CPU power, use my SSDT_Plug attached below as your DSDT.aml states processor at PC00. Dortania ssdt is bloated. 

What I find important is Windows must have it's own Bootable Entry called Windows Bootloader visible in Bios along with OpenCore. I never boot Windows from within OpenCore. On PC Gygabyte motherboard, I set Windows Bootloader as default. If I want to boot into macOS, I press F12 at boot and select OpenCore. 

The rare times I messed up and booted Windows from within OpenCore, Windows Store disabled Offline permissions for apps/games, I was prompted to re-enter password for MS account and TeamViewer logged me off. 

Another Pro Tip is to use the least amount of SSDTs and kexts to boot macOS.

SSDT-PLUG.aml

Edited by d5aqoep

On 8/13/2020 at 5:29 PM, d5aqoep said:

2 changes you need to make:

1. If you are using USBPorts.kext assuming you have correctly mapped all required ports, you should not use SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP.aml.
  2. Instead of Dortania ssdt for CPU power, use my SSDT_Plug attached below as your DSDT.aml states processor at PC00. Dortania ssdt is bloated. 

What I find important is Windows must have it's own Bootable Entry called Windows Bootloader visible in Bios along with OpenCore. I never boot Windows from within OpenCore. On PC Gygabyte motherboard, I set Windows Bootloader as default. If I want to boot into macOS, I press F12 at boot and select OpenCore. 

The rare times I messed up and booted Windows from within OpenCore, Windows Store disabled Offline permissions for apps/games, I was prompted to re-enter password for MS account and TeamViewer logged me off. 

Another Pro Tip is to use the least amount of SSDTs and kexts to boot macOS.

SSDT-PLUG.aml

Booting windows isnt an issue without a DSDT but with it i can't.

New files atached.

I had to change the scope of the SSDT.

Still no AppleBusPowerController in ioreg for Big Sur

Still no sleep.

Edited by SavageAUS

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Booting windows isnt an issue without a DSDT but with it i can't.

New files atached.

I had to change the scope of the SSDT.

Still no AppleBusPowerController in ioreg for Big Sur

Still no sleep.

Send me Shanes-MacBook-Pro.zip

Sleep issue 100% means your SSDT-USBX-EC.aml was not correct for your system when you did USB Map. So even your generated USBPort.kext might be faulty as well. 

For SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml you still want to follow this guide to make sure it's correct.

https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/smbus-methods/manual.html#edits-to-the-sample-ssdt

All your issues revolve around having the correct SSDT-USBX-EC.aml. Search google for your laptop's chipset hackintosh guides and use their ready made ssdt. Then use USBInjectAll.kext and enable Port Limit patch and start again. Use hackintool to make sure all ports show as XHC and not XHC1 or XHCI. Otherwise use those respective ACPI renames to change them to XHC.

Last but not least: Try making a new USBPorts.kext in Hackintool with current SSDT-USBX-EC. Make sure you tag USB3 ports, USB 2 ports and USB-C+sw accurately. Delete non-required ports. Keep Bluetooth like Broadcom as internal instead of USB 2 as people have documented sleep issues otherwise.

Edited by d5aqoep

Sleep issue 100% means your SSDT-USBX-EC.aml was not correct for your system when you did USB Map. So even your generated USBPort.kext might be faulty as well. 
For SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml you still want to follow this guide to make sure it's correct.
https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/smbus-methods/manual.html#edits-to-the-sample-ssdt

All your issues revolve around having the correct SSDT-USBX-EC.aml. Search google for your laptop's chipset hackintosh guides and use their ready made ssdt. Then use USBInjectAll.kext and enable Port Limit patch and start again. Use hackintool to make sure all ports show as XHC and not XHC1 or XHCI. Otherwise use those respective ACPI renames to change them to XHC.

Last but not least: Try making a new USBPorts.kext in Hackintool with current SSDT-USBX-EC. Make sure you tag USB3 ports, USB 2 ports and USB-C+sw accurately. Delete non-required ports. Keep Bluetooth like Broadcom as internal instead of USB 2 as people have documented sleep issues otherwise.

My USBPorts.kext was created with hackintool correctly I believe but I did exclude USB type C port as I don’t use it yet.
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml was created using dortania guide.
I’ve never used USBInjectAll on a laptop as it doesn’t have that many ports to inject and with hackintool I only map the ports I use or that are in use like the webcam or Bluetooth as internal, I have 2 USB 3 ports mapped and 1 USB 2 port that’s it.
I’ll go back over everything and let you know.