System freeze when plugging in 3rd monitor

aerokevv

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble with connecting my new 3rd monitor to my machine.
First off, here is some info about my build:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
CPU: Intel i7 Coffee Lake 8700k
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
Running on Clover. (config.plist attachment below)

Monitors:
DELL U2718Q 4K
iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU 4K
Phillips HD Monitor

So the problem is:
I bought the iiyama to use as a 3rd monitor. Previously I was using the DELL through a DisplayPort, and the Phillips through HDMI which worked fine.
When I first got the iiyama monitor and I plugged it in everything was working great. The next day I boot up my machine and it will freeze on a black screen after I boot macOS through the clover bootscreen. I unplugged the new monitor, restarted the machine and it would boot normally again.

I started trying some different inputs and nothing seemed to solve the problem. All that I know is that the machine freezes as soon as I plug in a 3rd cable, doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP. I even bought a HDMI to DP cable for the Phillips, to see if it was an HDMi problem, but even then it doesn't work. I've also tried powering the monitors off and turning them on once the machine has booted. Also no luck.

Any help from one of you Hackintosh guru's would be highly appreciated. I bought the 3rd screen to make working from home even more efficient, but sadly enough my build won't allow me...

Thanks in advance!

Greets,

Kevin

config.plist

3 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Your config looks incorrect in several aspects such as CPU power management and graphics. Try this one instead:

config.plist.zip

Thanks! I'll try the config once I'm done with work.

What exactly have you changed? I'm fairly new to Hackintosh even though i've owned my machine for 2 years. But I would love to learn more along the way to avoid these problems in the future.

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

Your config looks incorrect in several aspects such as CPU power management and graphics. Try this one instead:

config.plist.zip

After trying out the new config file you sent my machine wouldnt show the 2nd and 3rd monitor at all. They all said they had no connection while my main DELL monitor did. 

Not sure what went wrong there..