Hackintosh ryzen 2600x Nvidia gtx 1060 OpenCore

anokic

1 post in this topic

I have been using clover to install and configuration my Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.6. It's been a struggle and a pain. Can't restart/shutdown/wake from sleep. Random freezes. When freeze happens mouse works but in loading state. UI and open apps freeze not the mouse. I can make the apps smaller and move them.

I haven't used any DSDT nor SSDT. Tried 5 or 6 of them from others but sometimes i end up not booting. Could someone explain me do i even need them and why? Do i need DSDT or SSDT or both?

I'm going to try to install everything OpenCore. The first thing is i can't use a method that needs an internet while installing MacOS cause my ethernet/internet only works when i install MacOS. So i can't use the images i need full installation. Okay i have the full installation for 10.13.6. I need to use a version 10.13.4-6 versions cause application Sketch needs the newer one High Sierra 10.13.4++ version.

Can you tell me? Can i use same kexts from Clover on OpenCore? Secondly how can i install full USB MacOS installer? (High Sierra 10.13.6 version i have is 7gb i think thats it)
Is there a version of AMDHigh Sierra version made from the community for 10.13.4++ version?
If i use the normal 10.13.6 High Sierra should i use this AMD 10.13.6 Kernel when i have installed the MacOS or some other kernel that's better for my system? https://github.com/Shaneee/AMD-High-Sierra-XNU/releases
Whats the best version of High Sierra to use for Ryzen and Nvidia system?

Will it be better to use OpenCore?

Specs:
Mortar Max B450M
Ryzen 2600x
Nvidia GTX 1060
16gb DDR4 2400mhz