New to hackintosh - help please

3cn3rw4l

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

So I am stuck trying to build my first Hackintosh, and this was going to be High Sierra based. I have no access to a Mac so I am relying on distros. My build is a collection of spare parts I had lying around (and I have already seen there are issues with the mobo and gpu)

CPU: Intel 9600k
MoBo: Asrock z390 Pro4
RAM: 16 GB vengeance LPX 3200MHz
GPU: AMD R9 280X
I am using HDDs whilst I wait for a SSD to be delivered.
I decided on High Sierra for the macOS

I have tried and failed many times to get anything working.  I finally managed to install High Sierra but I have a number of ACPI Errors ie:

ACPI Error: [xosi] namespace lookup failure, ea_not_found ....
[_STA] @00002 #002D:

No local variables initialized for method [_STA]

Acpi Error: Method parse/execution failed [\SB.PAGD._STA] (node ...... AE_NOT_FOUND....

I know my USB stick clover directory is a mess after so many attempts to put this right so I would prefer a clean install if possible.  If anyone can help get me started or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Rocky, many thanks for taking the time to reply.  I haven't had much luck because I can't view the EFI partition from any of the catalina distros once they are written to USB.  I only have a windows based machine to do this on.

I did try following a guide which allowed me to view the EFI partition but it then stopped the usb installer from working.  

You're a legend - thank you! .  I copied the Clover folder and dropped it in and it got to the install screen with your help.

Unfortunately I can't install because the resolution is too low. Its all working but I just can't see the buttons as they are off the bottom of the screen.

So I have made brilliant progress but I am still stuck :) 

IMG_20200323_191928_8.jpg

• Like 1

I had tried that already but it looked like it only affected the olarila front end and did not change the install screen.

I will try again just to be sure but could it also be I am using the clover setup from your github link and that is a rx5700 and mine is a R9 280x?

Rocky, you have been so very helpful, thank you!:)

I haven't checked everything but so far it looks good. It looks GREAT! and it seems to run very well.  

I still need to find out how to make it boot without the USB stick but thats a minor issue.  I haven't connected up the network cable yet either but ... so far its amazing!  Thank yo sir!

IMG_20200323_213646_5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@3cn3rw4l  

First of all thank you i am really happy for you, you did it successfully as a person with not much knowledge about hackintosh

Secondly i am not a Hackintosh legend but thanks again to call me as Because there are a lots of other people with some decent amount of knowledge than me

i am a very simple person just like any other a few years ago i started to hackintoshing but till today i don,t know if i have learned enough

but simply my thinking is if help is needed then i am not waiting just helping

enough i would like to say congratulations enjoy your Hack wish you good luck for the further investigation to make your hack batter as much as possible

in the end i have to say all the Credit goes to Colver Developer and all the other people :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

:yoji:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hello!  I came across this post and wondered if I may have some help since it appears this is one of the problems I am having.   I have posted elsewhere here and havn't gotton a helpful reply just yet.   My last Hack build was 2012-2014.  Its been a while.  This is one of the issues I am having.  

My System is a Gigabyte Aero G DDR4 Z690 mobo with RX6600 AMD Graphics card; Intel 12 Gen i9 12900K.   I was able to get CLover on there and it atleast boots ups but then stops installing with these error messages.  I am new to clover (& openCore) and after several attempted boots Ii then realized that the spacer bar opens up another menu.  No one ever bothers to address this to someone who otherwise has never used this.  Please, if you can help, be sure to let me know how to get from one step to the next.  Thank you so kindly!

Ha !  Maybe not!   I was going around in circles with this installation!   I was wondering if High Sierra may be more stable and a better install.  But as of today- I think I may have a successful build that appears stable finally- Keeping fingers crossed.   The only concern I have a t this very moment is not being able to run an update for bug fixes, etc without breaking the installation.  If there is any input on this matter that can fix this, please let me know!   

Thanks for the reply- I was disappointed that it appeared no one was interested in addressing my installation crisis here.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:12 AM, Slice said:

Are you really going to install HighSierra on such hardware?

Hello!  I came across this post and wondered if I may have some help since it appears this is one of the problems I am having.   I have posted elsewhere here and havn't gotton a helpful reply just yet.   My last Hack build was 2012-2014.  Its been a while.  This is one of the issues I am having.  

My System is a Gigabyte Aero G DDR4 Z690 mobo with RX6600 AMD Graphics card; Intel 12 Gen i9 12900K.   I was able to get CLover on there and it atleast boots ups but then stops installing with these error messages.  I am new to clover (& openCore) and after several attempted boots Ii then realized that the spacer bar opens up another menu.  No one ever bothers to address this to someone who otherwise has never used this.  Please, if you can help, be sure to let me know how to get from one step to the next.  Thank you so kindly!