ayeshch

Installing graphic drivers from Mavericks on Catalina (relief for eye aches)

3 posts in this topic

Me (and many other people) experience eye-ache from new Macbooks (and windows machines).

I have spent two years of trial-and-error and found that installing macOS Mavericks on my MacBook (pro 13 late 2013, Intel Iris 1536 MB) resolves the issue of eye ache completely. (it is believed that newer systems use harsher version of temporal dithering that causes of a certain group of indivisuals eye aches).

I cannot stay at Mavericks because of software support and security issues, so the only thing is an issue now:

How can I take drivers from Mavericks and install them on Catalina? (I tried replacing .kext in /System/Library/Extensions with old files but it didn't work).

It would be so great if possible!

Thank you

Advertisement

This is not very useful since the eye soreness doesn't go away. 

Thank you for taking the time though. 

Maybe then it is possible to disable temporal dithering on macOS? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tristana
      Hello, and thank you for your help!

Ever since installing my new Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX580, I've been having issues with audio freezing up for the whole system- seemingly the coreaudiod process crashing / my USB audio interface not working. It feels random but seems to correlate with playing youtube videos, streaming audio in Finder, playing sound files from chat clients like Telegram/Discord and such. The system otherwise works as normal, with only audio related functions breaking. Sometimes instead of a full freeze / crash, the sample rate of audio will just drop significantly, causing a lot of aliasing.
      I followed this guide here, though it is outdated and some KEXTs have been merged with WhateverGreen. The shikigva=4 & -rad4200 boot arguments weren't available in WhateverGreen so I didn't add any boot arguments.
      https://hackintosher.com/guides/fix-rendering-issues-fcpx-high-sierra/

My issue was not fixed by this. I also learned that USBInjectAll hadn't been given a custom SSDT and so I made one, which I have included at the end of this post. I also disabled the 15 port patch which had been left on. My USB ports now show up properly (though I've excluded my mobo's type-c port to meet the 15 port limit). My audio issues still have not been fixed, though.

On High Sierra, the crash was irrecoverable- opening sound in system prefs just froze up, and I have to reset the system to get audio back. In Catalina, I seem to be able to choose a different audio device then go back to my external interface to reset the driver and get sound back.

Thank you for any help / ideas you can offer!

UPDATE: Issue still persists. I'm now using a USBPorts.kext created by Hackintool and have updated my list of current kexts below.

System:

Kexts:

• By boodysaspie
      Noob question, probably in the wrong sub ... Apologies if so.

I want to share an SSD between two PCs. Hardware is very similar, except that PC1 has an Intel i217 network chip and PC2 has a Realtek 8111GR.

I've injected IntelMausi.kext for PC1 which works fine. Can I also inject Realtek8111.kext and hope that the OS will sort out which it prefers, or should I have two EFI folders?

PC1:
      Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP
      i5-4670S

PC2:
      Asus Z97-K/CSM
      i5-4690K
    • By Mieze
      This project is dedicated to Lucy, my lovely little Tyrannofelis Rex. 

LucyRTL8125Ethernet is an open source driver for the Realtek RTL8125 family of 2.5GBit Ethernet controllers.

Key Features of the Driver
      Supports all versions of Realtek's RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers found on recent boards. Support for multisegment packets relieving the network stack of unnecessary copy operations when assembling packets for transmission. No-copy receive and transmit. Only small packets are copied on reception because creating a copy is more efficient than allocating a new buffer. TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offload (receive and transmit). TCP segmentation offload over IPv4 and IPv6 (still disabled until I find time to test it). Support for TCP/IPv4, UDP/IPv4, TCP/IPv6 and UDP/IPv6 checksum offload. Supports jumbo frames up to 9000 bytes (strongly recommended for 2.5GBit operation). Fully optimized for Catalina (doesn't work with Mojave and below). Note that older versions of macOS might not support 2.5GB Ethernet. Supports Wake on LAN (untested). Supports VLAN (untested). Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which can be disabled by setting enableEEE to NO in the drivers Info.plist without rebuild. The default is YES. The driver is published under GPLv2.  
      Current Status
      The driver has been tested successfully under Catalina (10.15.4) and, according to first tests, is working stable. I haven't experienced any Kernel Panics during my tests and is working stable on my primary work machine. The driver has been designed to work with Catalina but might also work with Mojave (untested), provided you build from source with Xcode 10.. Please keep in mind that support for 2.5GBit Ethernet was introduced in Mojave (or maybe High Sierra?) so that there is no way to make it work with Sierra or below.  
      Known Issues
      Using autoselect medium it seems to prefer negotiating a connection speed of 1Gbit with my switch so that I had to select 2.5GBit/s manually in order to achieve this speed but it might be different with other switches.   Installation
      You might want to install the driver to /L/E as usual but it's also ok to use Clover's injection function (installation in the EFI folder). Use your favorite kext installation tool for installation or perform the installation manually (for Clover injection). It's your call!  
      Troubleshooting
      Make sure you have followed the installation instructions especially when you have issues with certain domains while the others are working fine. Use the debug version to collect log data when trying to track down problems. The kernel log messages can be retrieved with "log show --predicate "processID == 0" --debug" in order to retrieve kernel logs. Include the log data when asking for support or giving feedback. I'm an engineer, not a clairvoyant. Don't copy and paste large amounts of log data to your post. Create an archive with the log data and attach it to your post. In case you don't want to make your log data publicly accessible, contact me via PM and I will provide you a mail address to send it directly to me.  Delete the following files: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist In Terminal run netstat -s in order to display network statistics. Carefully examine the data for any unusual activity like a high number of packets with bad IP header checksums, etc. In case auto-configuration of the link layer connection doesn't work it might be necessary to select the medium manually in System Preferences under Network for the interface. Use Wireshark to create a packet dump in order to collect diagnostic information. Keep in mind that there are many manufacturers of network equipment. Although Ethernet is an IEEE standard, different implementations may show different behavior causing incompatibilities. In case you are having trouble try a different switch or a different cable.  
      Changelog
      Version 1.0.0d3 (2020-04-20) First working development release.  
      Getting the driver
      Source code can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/Mieze/LucyRTL8125Ethernet You'll find the lastest prebuilt binary here in this thread (see below).  

• By agrafuese
      Hello, I hope I am posting in the right place...

I am having issues with VoodooInput. It loads fine, no errors or KPs, but movement is erratic. It seems when I am moving the cursor with my index finger and then try to click with my thumb, the cursor will shoot to the bottom of the screen, causing erroneous clicks and a lot of headaches. Sometimes it shoots to the top instead. Sometimes it performs as expected. It's unpredictable. 

I have used VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID instead, and they work perfectly fine, but unfortunately they cause KPs. Plus, I like that VoodooInput is a singular kext. This is why I am trying to see if there's any way to fix this issue.

Please see signature for my specs.

Thank you.
    • By FreeJHack
      MacOS does not support natively the keyboard backlight for non-Apple hardware.
      I wrote an open source Kext project (ClevoService) to perform this task on Clevo laptops.
      It's fully working on my Clevo P9XXEN_EF_ED laptop with Mojave (18G95) and it should works on many other Clevo laptops.

If you own a Clevo laptop with full color backlight keyboard, take a look at:
      https://github.com/FreeJHack/ClevoService

The big advantage is that the backlight function is fully controlled from the numeric keypad and it's saved between boot/reboot and sleep/wake.
      You can change color, backlight level and ON/OFF.
      For the installation, download the kext from release page and follow the instruction given in the GitHub repository.