Help Me Obi-Wan!!!

rxfx

4 posts in this topic

So I’ve been working at trying to get the wifey’s [HP Envy Recline 23-k310 All-in-One]’s display to properly wake from sleep for months now. I’m kinda at my wits end; It’s probably something so simple and I’m overthinking it.

The computer sleeps properly, but when it wakes, I get no display (no backlight either). The keyboard and peripherals seem to work after wake; able to key in the passcode/password and sound works when I use the volume up/down buttons. But I get absolutely no display. I’ve done 3 other successful hackintoshes (though, none had any dGPUs/eGPUs). But I’m somewhat confident that I’ve disabled the Nvidia Optimus (NVIDIA GeForce 830A)/N15S-GM) I couldn’t find any _ini when I poll the SSDT’s and no signs of Nvidia In System Report, Hackintosh, or IOReg. It’s disabled via the Frame Buffer patch in clover (I use 0x0D220003 for platform ID. I definitely have the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts in L/E. I’ve tried a plethora of Clover settings, changing SMBIOS’s, darkwake bootflags, and AppleBacklightfixup.kext in both Clover/Kexts and L/E to no avail. Power management has been set using the Pike R. Alpha ssdtPRGen implementation. I’ve gone through and setup the proper SSDTs for the USB patching. Besides adding the HDMI audio output patch (which I don’t use/or have anything plugged into since its an AIO), everything else works on point. But…

“Help me Obi-Wan[’s], you’re my only hope!!”

I’ve attached an “Error Report.zip” including an IOReg report, config.plist, and a generated report form black.dragon74’s tool. I would love any recommendations or possible fixes/files/patches to these files to resolve this issue that has been stumping me for months.

HP Envy Recline 23-k310 AIO

Intel i3-4330T

Intel HD Graphics 4400

8GB 1600 MHz RAM

Intel H87 Chipset [HP/Quanta Laurel2-1G mainboard]

macOS Catalina 10.15.3 (with iMac 14,3 SMBIOS)

Error Report.zip

Edited by rxfx
Title change

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 10:33 PM, Donw35 said:

share your clover folder, I am using HP Elitedesk 800 G1 but the systems could be close enough, sleep working here..

So, being that I couldn't share my whole Clover folder due to the 10mb limit, I tried to condense any pertinent informations/files into the "Clover 10mb.zip' and included the Error Report from black.dragon74’s tool as well. With the chipset, processor and all the components within this All-in-One, sleep and everything should work. I musta fudged something up. Im almost ready to throw in the towel and grab an Optiplex 9030 since there's a couple guides I can follow.

On 3/1/2020 at 11:50 PM, luki1979 said:

Sleep is mainly affected by USB and Graphics. Try to fix USB And patch graphic  with Hackintool. There is plenty guides online.

So both USB and Graphic/Frame Buffer were patched using Hackintool and their appropriate guides. For some reason with cycleing through all boot flags, one external USB port could not be recognized no matter what I plugged into it. So I disabled the port in the UEFI BIOS and its not included in my patched USB SSDT's.

Error Report.zip

Clover 10mb.zip

HP Envy Recline 23-k310 AIO

Intel i3-4330T

Intel HD Graphics 4400

8GB 1600 MHz RAM

Intel H87 Chipset [HP/Quanta Laurel2-1G mainboard]

macOS Catalina 10.15.3 (with iMac 14,3 SMBIOS)

Edited by rxfx