4 posts in this topic

Hi team,

I'm looking for the best route to achieve this upgrade, so I have been stuck with HS since Nvidia drivers stopped being supported on newer MacOS releases. Now I'm having an AMD 5700 xt on the way and want to plan the upgrade properly. I have added some information below and questions that might help with your recommendation.

• Current GPU 1080 ti with Nvidia webdrivers installed. So should I uninstall the webdriver before adding the new GPU?
  • Clover is being used and EFI attached. Any kext must be removed? or parameters adjusted
  • MacOS HS 10.13.6, should I upgrade before using the new GPU?
  • CPU: 9900K
  • Motherboard:ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
  • Dual Monitors
  • I have a Time machine backup, Do you recommend a fresh install? and If I did, will I be able to restore my data/apps as-is?

Please let yourself free to explore further aspects to considers.

EFI-20200204.zip

Edited by NoEnd

Advertisement
  1. Uninstall Web Driver
  2. Remove GeForce 1080Ti
  3. install AMD 5700XT
  4. Get it running under HiSie
  5. Update your add-on kexts to latest versions (eg: Lilu + PlugIns)
  6. Update Clover to latest version
  7. Make sure HiSie still boots and work works Ok
  8. Upgrade directly from Software update

NB: Looking at your Clover config in CC, SMBIOS info looks incorrect/incomplete. I would recommend you reselect the target model to get all the required/necessary board-id, serial numbers, etc.

Edited by Hervé

6 hours ago, Hervé said:
  1. Uninstall Web Driver
  2. Remove GeForce 1080Ti
  3. install AMD 5700XT
  4. Get it running under HiSie
  5. Update your add-on kexts to latest versions (eg: Lilu + PlugIns)
  6. Update Clover to latest version
  7. Make sure HiSie still boots and work works Ok
  8. Upgrade directly from Software update

NB: Looking at your Clover config in CC, SMBIOS info looks incorrect/incomplete. I would recommend you reselect the target model to get all the required/necessary board-id, serial numbers, etc.

Thanks dear, In reference to point 3 and 4, Will I be getting video output from 5700xt on High Sierra?

Thanks 

I'm sure you know that this card is only supported in Catalina but I'm pretty sure you'd be able to run HiSie in VESA mode and upgrade. If not keep the nVidia in place and upgrade, the nVidia Web Driver won't work anyway afterwards.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now