SOLVED Opencore Migration | Ethernet Injection Issue

asharkey

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have almost succesfully converted from Clover to OpenCore 0.5.4 following this Vanilla Guide by khronokernel

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

Just an issue with the ethernet intelmausiethernet.kext injecting...

SOLVED - the sample plist default kernel entry for Ethernet BOOLEAN is NO.  I changed to the kext name correctly, but oversaw to make the simple change to YES!

OC 0.5.4

OSX 10.15.2

ASUS Rog Maximus X Code Bios v2203 (uses Intel® I219V)

i7 8700k w/ AMD RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ SE

The latest kext is in my EFI/OC/Kexts folder with the other latest kexts that have loaded properly.  It seems to be entered correctly in the config.plist like the other latest kexts.  But the service is inactive and there is no Ethernet connection.  Airport works fine.

I ran kextstat in terminal and could confirm that the kext was not loaded. Nor did en0 report anything with IoRegistryExplorer

The only way I was able to get ethernet to work was by manually installing the kext into the L/E/ folder via ##### and after reboot.

I can confirm ethernet is now working and reports as loaded with kextstat, and the device populates in IoRegistryExplorer.

I know ##### sn't the proper way to install kexts so reaching out for some advice if I've done anything wrong with my config.plist

Possibly an issue with OC version 0.5.4? I know everything is still BETA.

Attached is my EFI folder with serial removed

EFI.zip

Edited by valueimagery
solved

22 minutes ago, valueimagery said:

Hello,

I have almost succesfully converted from Clover to OpenCore 0.5.4 following this Vanilla Guide by khronokernel

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

Just an issue with the ethernet intelmausiethernet.kext injecting...

OC 0.5.4

OSX 10.15.2

ASUS Rog Maximus X Code Bios v2203 (uses Intel® I219V)

i7 8700k w/ AMD RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ SE

The latest kext is in my EFI/OC/Kexts folder with the other latest kexts that have loaded properly.  It seems to be entered correctly in the config.plist like the other latest kexts.  But the service is inactive and there is no Ethernet connection.  Airport works fine.

I ran kextstat in terminal and could confirm that the kext was not loaded. Nor did en0 report anything with IoRegistryExplorer

The only way I was able to get ethernet to work was by manually installing the kext into the L/E/ folder via ##### and after reboot.

I can confirm ethernet is now working and reports as loaded with kextstat, and the device populates in IoRegistryExplorer.

I know ##### sn't the proper way to install kexts so reaching out for some advice if I've done anything wrong with my config.plist

Possibly an issue with OC version 0.5.4? I know everything is still BETA.

Attached is my EFI folder with serial removed

EFI.zip

You don't have it enabled in the config.plist

d89sOjk.png