Cannot see APFS partition

d620osx

4 posts in this topic

Hi

Sorry me again. I have a optiplex 790 which is currently running Catalina. I have one ssd partitioned into two, one has Catalina (main and data) and the other has Sierra.

i have another HDD with Sierra on it which I cloned to the ssd using CCC. The hdd is not APFS, but SSD is.  However on boot I cannot see the SSD Sierra part. I have updated clover to 5103 and have also update apfsdriverloader.efi under clover-driver-bios. I am on legacy bios.

Why can I not see the Sierra partition?

Thank you 

Sierra is not working with APFS. It is for HighSierra and up.

Hi[mention=112217]Slice[/mention],

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

If it is formatted a hfs, and I update to Catalina from the App Store, as part of the process the SSD is converted to APFS, I presume I should be able to see this partition in clover 5103? Is that correct?

Edit:

Just update to Catalina and cannot see the update partition in Clover. Once logged into the other partition I can see both the main and data part, running first on both does nothing.

What am I doing wrong please?

Thank you

Finally managed to get Clover to see the SSD. Looks like my clover folder was not correct. I had Clover > drivers with all the drivers in it, by creating drivers64 and drivers64UEFI and making sure I have apfs-64.efi in both folders seem to have fixed the issues and has also seem to resolved my waking from sleep issues.

Fingers cross it keeps working. Thank you all for the help and suggestion to get my dell working.