OpenCore Builder 5.7 (NEW)

Hackintosh Tech

17 posts in this topic

It'd be nice if this ran on Linux (Live USB Bootable), scanned the Motherboard/Hardware, generated all required SSDTs, generated a config.plist based on data acquired from the SSDTs ultimately to build a ready to go working OpenCore EFI folder.

There's a significant volume of normal Mac users who need a macOS desktop machine who've been ignored and unaccounted for by Apple. The new Mac Pro, is simply out of reach for those who expected an updated 2012 Mac Pro desktop in the range of $2,000 - $3,000.

OpenCore developers should consider catering to these users by making OpenCore simple and easy to use. Forget this BS {censored} attitude, that it's only for the privileged tech geek tinkerers that deserve to be able to use it based on elitist reasons they must learn themselves all about the technicalities of hardware/software engineering.

Edited by drayon

6 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@drayon I have heard OpenCore is Open Source, maybe you can spend the time complaining on working instead.

This is your assumption, to expect this for free, It wasn’t suggested by me.

Again your assumption being a complaint. Suggestion vs complaint, very much different for those not inclined to take a defensive stance.

There’s an opportunity for financial compensation of ones time and efforts in delivering such solution suggested.

Me, others (how many, who can say?) wouldn’t think twice about paying $50-$100 or so on a solution like this.

If it’s simple, produces a ready to run EFI for the hardware recommended, i’d consider it great value and well worth the expenditure.

Far better that wasting a week of ones own time attempting to get past the boot menu, and being frustrated being ignored after posting requests for help.

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

@drayon, dinna fash yersel as good things come to those who wait (especially if they're fond of tatties). According to a recent announcement made on RTFM.co.uk (site's currently down due to back door attack), well-known developers Mount-e & Pi-tone are working on this Holy Grail as part of their work on a new universal Pi platform (since Apple are said to be moving to ARM). Rumour has it that it won't be free though but if you buy a Pi-NT for a nominal fee (said to be set @3.14), you'll get it with free stovies! Release expected to be imminent so keep refreshing this page on a very regular basis for updates.

No idea what you're even talking about.

Edited by drayon

• 2 weeks later...

@MacPato™Thanks for the tool. For the first time I installed xcode for this tool but it was existing without any error. When I ran the binary from console I saw "Agreeing to the Xcode/iOS license requires admin privileges, please run “sudo xcodebuild -license” and then retry this command.". May be in future you can add check for license and show appropriate error.

19 minutes ago, bufferoverflow said:

@MacPato™Thanks for the tool. For the first time I installed xcode for this tool but it was existing without any error. When I ran the binary from console I saw "Agreeing to the Xcode/iOS license requires admin privileges, please run “sudo xcodebuild -license” and then retry this command.". May be in future you can add check for license and show appropriate error.

Might wanna read the readme. https://github.com/Pavo-IM/ocbuilder/blob/master/README.md

• 1 month later...

The current version of OCBuilder does not work right now, there was a ton of changes to OpenCorePkg and how the devs are building it. I have to re-write OCBuilder's scripts to accommodate for these changes and it will take sometime. Will post an update once its completed.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, telepati said:

@Pavo Auto Check For Updates doesn't work when we open the app. 

Will look into that, you can still click on the app menu in toolbar and check for updates manually.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, telepati said:

I am exactly doing this. I just let you know.

So... the auto update framework I am using in the app is Sparkle Framework. It has a default auto check for updates hardcoded in its framework to check once a day, I can only set it to once every hour. So.... what that means is if you open the app the first time in that day it should check for an update, but will not auto check for another hour.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this. 

Installed app and can render as long as I do not check  With KEXTS

When With KEXTS is selected

the app can not pass 

Compiling the latest commited debug version of Lilu....

same for Release in this case it halts at.

Compiling the latest commited debug version of Lilu....

please advice

• Like 1