Motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE High Sierra

bgrau

43 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes my USB 3.0 ports work. I only use the patches and the USBInjectall.kext.

Send me the config.plist that you are currently using. You can remove the serial number, MLB and other SBIOS related data I'll test it on my rig to see if that's the issue or not.

I will do better & give you a link to the full EFI (I upgraded to Clover 5102)

In the meanwhile will send the config.plist...

here is the link to the EFI https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcuqdyzv508jraa/ESP.zip?dl=0

& here is the config.plist

config.plist.zip

It is for Mojave...

Please note that I get the USB 3.0 accepted within hackintool as picture shows, but not USB 3.0 registered by the system.

1833109731_Screenshot2020-01-01at12_29_10.thumb.png.2738aaf6a9fffcf02109efacdc1d0e18.png

Edited by bgrau

For reference -

Instructions to activate USB 3.0 ports using Mojave - from hackintool help.

USB Port Patching
macOS 10.14.1+ does not work with the USB port limit patch and therefore there is no way to have all ports available to configure at one time. RehabMan has updated USBInjectAll.kext to include boot flags for excluding groups of ports
    1    Place the USBInjectAll.kext (for port discovery) into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    2    USBInjectAll.kext Requirements:
    3    Clover->DSDT Renames (if detected)
    ◦    XHCI -> XHC
    ◦    XHC1 -> XHC
    ◦    EHC1 -> EH01
    ◦    EHC2 -> EH02
    4     Reboot
    5     Run Hackintool then go to General->Installed to check USBInjectAll is installed correctly
    ◦    Eg. USBInjectAll: Yes (Release-0.7.1)
    6     Go to the General->USB tab to check your USB Controllers list. Based on your USB Controller you may need to install additional kexts:
    ◦    8086:8CB1 and macOS < 10.11.1 -> XHCI-9-series.kext
    ◦    8086:8D31, 8086:A2AF, 8086:A36D, 8086:9DED -> XHCI-unsupported.kext
    ◦    8086:1E31, 8086:8C31, 8086:8CB1, 8086:8D31, 8086:9C31, 8086:9CB1 -> FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
    7     Reboot if you need to install one of the additional kexts then run Hackintool again
    8     Go to the General->USB tab
    9     Select all items in the USB Ports list and select the “Delete” then the “Refresh” button
    10     Reboot with -uia_exclude_ss uia_include=HS01,HS02 boot flags
    ◦    Change the HS01,HS02 ports to the ones you have your mouse and keyboard attached
    11     Run Hackintool and go to the General->USB tab
    12    Plug and unplug a USB 2.0 device into all ports on your system
    ◦    The ports that are active will remain highlighted green
    ◦     Delete all ports that are not highlighted green
    13     Reboot with -uia_exclude_hs boot flag and remove the -uia_exclude_ss boot flag
    14     Run Hackintool and go to the General->USB tab
    ◦    Plug and unplug a USB 3.0 device into all ports on your system
    ◦    Plug and unplug a TypeC device into all ports (in both orientations)
    ◦    The ports that are active will remain highlighted green
    ◦     Delete all ports that are not highlighted green
    15     Set each port to the appropriate Connector using the drop down list
    ◦    USB ports with devices permanently attached (eg. M.2 Bluetooth card) should be set to “Internal”
    ◦    HSxx ports connected to USB3 ports should be set to USB3
    ◦    Internal HUBs are typically connected to ports PR11 and PR21 and therefore should be set to “Internal”
    ◦    TypeC:
    ▪    If it uses the same HSxx/SSxx in both orientations, then it has an internal switch (use “TypeC+Sw”)
    ▪    If it uses a different HSxx/SSxx in each orientation, then it has no switch (use “TypeC”)
    16    Use the “Export” button to generate files to your Desktop
    ◦    Copy SSDT-EC.aml (if created) to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
    ◦    Choose one of the following two:
    1    Copy USBPorts.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or;
    2    Copy SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml (if created) to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
    17    You can now perform a clean up and remove unnecessary files:
    ◦    Remove custom boot flags (-uia_exclude_ss -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=x)
    ◦    Remove USBInjectAll.kext (if using USBPorts.kext)
    18    Reboot
    19    Run Hackintool and go to the General->USB tab
    20    Select all items in the USB Ports list and select the “Delete” then the “Refresh” button
    ◦    Now you can check all ports are working correctly
    ◦    If you need to change a Connector type you will need to export your USBPorts.kext over the current one
    ◦    If you made a mistake delete USBPorts.kext and start from the beginning of the instructions again
Q. What is USBPorts.kext?
A. It's a Codeless Kernel Extension used to inject the USB ports
Q. Do I need SSDT-UIAC.aml?
A. No, this method uses a codeless kext

Notes -

I made a mistake by putting SSDT-UIAC.aml  in the kexts/Other folder, it should be in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

though hackintool says it is not needed & USBPorts.kext injector is enough, replacing USBInjectAll.kext which I forgot to delete...

For Mojave, for now, I will consider this as solved, I tested it, it does not register in the System Profile as USB 3.0, but it is detected as USB 3.0 in hackintool.

I have only two USB 3.0 ports, & connected a USB 3.0 hub to one of them, connected a DVDRom USB3.0 drive to the hub & it loaded, so it is working.

I am not sure I can boot to USB 3.0 - it did not work before, will it work with this injection? not vital to me as I use SATA & eSATA drives instead.

I might try to get High Sierra to work another way, though Mojave is enough, so even using Yosem for USB 3.0 is no longer important or needed.

Thanks to cyberdevs to start me on this by generously providing his EFI files for his similar motherboard.

Extra Note - could not get Catalina to boot/work, but not important for now...

Edited by bgrau

As initially I wanted to get High Sierra fully functional, but instead got Mojave almost fully functional, here are some extra observations -

I cannot get USB 3.0 on High Sierra, I tried the specific 10.13.x patches, no luck.

No Ethernet on High Sierra despite using several versions of RehabMan RealtekRTL8111.kext in S/L/E or in the Clover Other kexts folder...

The config.plist file without the 10.14.x patches but with the 10.13.x patches instead works as well for Mojave, & oddly yields USB 3.0 as well,

so long as USBInjectAll.kext is present & even without USBPorts.kext present.

This is not a science, it is cooking ;)

That being said,

I would gratefully appreciate if someone shares their fully or nearly functional High Sierra Clover EFI folder for me to use on High Sierra for my Asus P8H67-M LE motherboard :)

Edited by bgrau

@bgrau

Sorry for the delay on reply, you have way too many unnecessary and duplicate kexts in your EFI folder.

Here the revised version of your EFI folder which works OK on my rig Ethernet and the USB 3.0's also work on High Sierra, as a matter of fact I even clean installed it using a USB 3.0 port.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 4.49.19 AM.png

EFI.zip

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

@bgrau

Sorry for the delay on reply, you have way too many unnecessary and duplicate kexts in your EFI folder.

Here the revised version of your EFI folder which works OK on my rig Ethernet and the USB 3.0's also work on High Sierra, as a matter of fact I even clean installed it using a USB 3.0 port.

EFI.zip

Cool - I will test it very soon :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bgrau said:

Cool - I will test it very soon :)

@cyberdevs

Tested it just now on Mojave - it will not boot if the DSDT is not in the EFI ACPI patch folder.

When I put DSDT in the patch folder, it's same as before, so it has to do with my Asus motherboard which is not exactly like yours.

It might be cosmetics as hackintool detects the 2 X 5 GBs USB 3.0 ports, but the system profiler does not record them as USB 3.0

Probably will get same old result with high sierra too (I tried it cannot boot too with no DSDT in patch folder).

There might be need for a mod for the DSDT too, but I don't know which one...

Edited by bgrau

@cyberdevs

Thanks again for helping on this.

For High Sierra, i had to do an in place upgrade to get USB 3.0 & Ethernet activated, however USB 3.0 still does not register on Apple System Profiler, only USB 2.0 does as in the pix I posted earlier.

So this must have to do with the motherboard, it seems yours is more compatible than mine, or I need a better patched DSDT.aml -

USB 3.0 works, it just does not register as USB 3.0, also does not boot, but accessing the speed is what I am interested in, no more.

Conclusive notes - probably ;) ...

I came back to Hackintosh because my old PC collapsed - great ebay price deal for Asus P8H67-M LE, though had 3GB/s SATA faulty, so replaced with PCI_E X2 SATA adapter...

So far, best Hackintosh is with Yosemite & Enoch Chameleon r2902 with eveything working including USB 3.0 registered by System Profiler. Of course Yosemite no longer covered by @Apple.

Best I could get on old Dell PC was El Capitan with no USB 3.0.

Best I could get with Asus P8H67-M LE using Enoch Chameleon is Sierra with no USB 3.0.

With the Asus P8H67-M LE I now can load High Sierra & Mojave thanks to @cyberdevs help & his Clover config setup.

Still cannot get USB 3.0 detected by System Profiler, but it gives USB 3.0 speed on USB ports with a few patches.

There is still some slight issues with occasional graphics artifacts, will try to iron these with DSDT patches.

High Sierra boots with DSDT from @cyberdevs or the one I got from another dev, they both allow graphics hardware acceleration by spoofing the DevID of Intel HD3000 to one @Apple supports.

the minimal set of kexts that work best for High Sierra & Mojave is (using latest versions):

AppleALC.kext
CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GPUSensors.kext
IntelCPUMonitor.kext
IO80211Family.kext
Lilu.kext
LPCSensors.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

adding other kexts breaks booting for High Sierra, Mojave seems to be less sensitive to adding kexts other than the above...

As homework, I would love to get Yosemite work with Clover (maybe an older version) as there is some difficulty getting it to boot with Enoch Chameleon (have to try several times sometimes).

All in all, I am pretty satisfied, getting my old misfiring neurons messed up by psychotropic drugs to get some mental exercise :)

Thanks to Clover Chameleon @cyberdevs InsanelyMac teams...

If you have an interest in Google Chrome OS, I did some work to get it to operate on non chromebook devices or extend the life of older chromebook devices in XDA forum. ;)

Edited by bgrau
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 8:19 PM, Cyberdevs said:

If you get USB 3.0 speed on USB 3.0 ports then what system profiler doesn't matter so it's gonna be cosmetics, however you can fix it by editing the SSDT-UIAC.aml.

According to RehabMan usb 3.0 renesas cannot be fixed for hackintosh, though I find it odd, & encouraging that hackintool registers the ports speeds as 5 GB/s.

I am now researching how to modify the DSDT to get USB 3.0 to appear in Apple System Profiler as per these links:

https://www.travelertechie.com/2019/02/create-ssdt-to-fix-usb-rehabmans-way.html

Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86

but I am not in a hurry, am pausing as I have health issues to deal with :(

Edited by Cyberdevs
Links were removed.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bgrau said:

According to RehabMan usb 3.0 renesas cannot be fixed for hackintosh, though I find it odd, & encouraging that hackintool registers the ports speeds as 5 GB/s.

I am now researching how to modify the DSDT to get USB 3.0 to appear in Apple System Profiler as per these links:

but I am not in a hurry, am pausing as I have health issues to deal with :(

I hope you feel better soon :worried_anim:

I don't think that the USB 3.0 chipset isn't Renesas because if it was it wouldn't have worked at all. Mine is intel and it must be the same on your mainboard as well.

You can run Hackintool and under PCI it will list all the devices and check the vendor ID of the USB chipset if it's 0x8086 then definitely it's intel otherwise we need to lookup and see what vendor is that.

P.S.

Please don't make links to TonyMac site, we don't support them an dit's against forum's rules to link to them or discuss their methods. Thanks

5 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

I hope you feel better soon :worried_anim:

I don't think that the USB 3.0 chipset isn't Renesas because if it was it wouldn't have worked at all. Mine is intel and it must be the same on your mainboard as well.

You can run Hackintool and under PCI it will list all the devices and check the vendor ID of the USB chipset if it's 0x8086 then definitely it's intel otherwise we need to lookup and see what vendor is that.

P.S.

Please don't make links to TonyMac site, we don't support them an dit's against forum's rules to link to them or discuss their methods. Thanks

It was RehabMan's work I linked up to, TonyMac himself was never particularly helpful to me, RehabMan interacted with me here on InsanelyMac & helped me with my Dell Dimension 9200 in the past.

My health issues are chronic, they come & go :(

Edited by bgrau

The Asus BIOS menu refer USB 3.0 as Renesas - here is a screenshot -

Renesas.jpeg

Ioreg path

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP07@1C,6/IOPP/XHC1@0

Device path

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x6)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Edited by bgrau

& here is the full Asus P8H77-M LE ioreg -

Asus-P8H77-M-LE.ioreg.zip

Exploring this -

https://github.com/chris1111/USB-3.0-NEC

https://github.com/chris1111/USB-3.0-NEC/releases/tag/V1

Outcome - does the same as other methods, maybe removes the need for patching Clover?

Still no port registred as USB 3.0 in System Profiler.

Edited by bgrau

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Oh, I see.

My mainboard only has Intel Chipset for USB 3.0 so I'm not sure if @chris1111 method doesn't work what else does.

The methods hakintool or @chris111 do work somehow as it gets the usb 3.0 speeds for the ports, it's just it does not register as USB 3.0 in System Profiler, & does not allow booting from the USB 3.0 ports.

Yosemite with Enoch Chameleon is the last & best for fully working Hackintosh on Asus P8H77-M LE.

It will be interesting to get Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra to boot using Clover, but it has to be an older Clover version, as the newer Clover ones 5000+'s only work for High Sierra & Mojave.

• Like 1