Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgrau

Motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE High Sierra

43 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Starting this thread to attract help to install High Sierra for Motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE.

 

In a previous thread, with the help of a DSDT I collected for Motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE, I managed to get all version from Snow Leopard to Sierra working using different

versions of Chameleon.

 

However Chameleon no longer works for High Sierra & above.

 

Reluctantly I am now looking into Clover, but am unable to achieve much progress.

 

Help welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Well, I tried adapting a method using Clover posted on github without success.

 

It is for a slightly newer Asus motherboard  the Asus P8P67Pro.

but he recommends patching the Bios & I could not find a similar patch for Asus P8H67-M LE

https://github.com/rafaelmaeuer/Asus-P8P67Pro-Hackintosh

 

Until now I never managed to get Clover working for any of the few devices I owned.

For Asus P8H67-M LE I cannot boot to uefi with latest Clover 5000's though I can boot with the 4000's builds...

 

So either I get an Asus P8P67Pro to replace Asus P8H67-M LE, or forget bout it & be content of running up to Sierra on Asus P8H67-M LE.

Edited by bgrau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bgrau

 

Hi,

This is my EFI folder from my IvyBridge rig which has a somewhat similar mainboard (Asus PH877-M LE) give it a try and see if it works for you, I run Catalina and Mojave on this trig with no issues.

If it failed to boot remove the DSDT from the ACPI/patched folder and try again.

 

Cheers.

Asus P8H77-M LE CatalinaEFI.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@bgrau

 

Hi,

This is my EFI folder from my IvyBridge rig which has a somewhat similar mainboard (Asus PH877-M LE) give it a try and see if it works for you, I run Catalina and Mojave on this trig with no issues.

If it failed to boot remove the DSDT from the ACPI/patched folder and try again.

 

Cheers.

Asus P8H77-M LE CatalinaEFI.zip

Thanks, I will try... so far Clover is very cryptic to me compared to Chameleon, sad they stopped Chameleon development, it was much easier to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bgrau said:

Thanks, I will try... so far Clover is very cryptic to me compared to Chameleon, sad they stopped Chameleon development, it was much easier to use.

You're welcome,

Chameleon is an old bootloader, you can use Enoch which is very similar to Chameleon but once you get the hang of clover it's pretty awesome and simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

You're welcome,

Chameleon is an old bootloader, you can use Enoch which is very similar to Chameleon but once you get the hang of clover it's pretty awesome and simple.

I use Enoch indeed...

now for the great news - I could boot to High Sierra using your Clover on Acer W700 Hybrid Tablet to HDMI monitor, which I could not do, the best I had with Enoch was Sierra... I had to use my own DSDT I configured for Acer W700...

So it is looking up, & I hope same will work with the Asus  P8H67-M LE with High Sierra too (might have to use the DSDT for it which I have) - will report soon.

Your Clover is well configured, so cheers mate!

Edited by bgrau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bgrau said:

I use Enoch indeed...

now for the great news - I could boot to High Sierra using your Clover on Acer W700 Hybrid Tablet to HDMI monitor, which I could not do, the best I had with Enoch was Sierra... I had to use my own DSDT I configured for Acer W700...

So it is looking up, & I hope same will work with the Asus  P8H67-M LE with High Sierra too (might have to use the DSDT for it which I have) - will report soon.

Your Clover is well configured, so cheers mate!

Congrats man!

 

Happy to help ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2019 at 8:34 AM, Cyberdevs said:

Congrats man!

 

Happy to help ;)

Thanks for providing me your Clover for Asus PH877-M LE.

It gives me a base to work on as it is well configured.

It works for Mojave on my Asus P8H67-M LE

also works for High Sierra but there are caveats (no ethernet with High Sierra, no USB 3.0 for both).

Nothing to do with the files settings, rather to do with the motherboard.

 

I cannot access UEFI for the internal SATA disks so need to use USB 2.0.

 

Not all USB disks load Clover, it depends which ones (controller dependent).

*solved by ddíng the EFI working one instead of just copy the content

 

I found one SSD that loads well with a usb interface adapter & it has High Sierra on it, & from there I can load Mojave from another disk.

Not brilliant, but at least I can make use of Clover with newer versions of OS X (best with Enoch was Sierra).

Also no USB 3.0.

I can get USB 3.0 with Enoch on Yosem, I will try now to get a Clover config for Yosem. Doubt I will succeed :(

 

 

Edited by bgrau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bgrau said:

also works for High Sierra but there are caveats (no ethernet with High Sierra, no USB 3.0 for both).

You might need to use USB port limit patches for High Sierra and above. Use Clover Configurator to add the proper patches.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.58 PM.png

10 hours ago, bgrau said:

I cannot access UEFI for the internal SATA disks so need to use USB 2.0.

Make sure that the SATA disk that you are using is formatted as GUID and there is an EFI Partition present on the disk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

You might need to use USB port limit patches for High Sierra and above. Use Clover Configurator to add the proper patches.

 

Make sure that the SATA disk that you are using is formatted as GUID and there is an EFI Partition present on the disk.

Thanks again, I will need to relearn all the good stuff of Chameleon/Enoch for Clover :)

 

The SATA internal is formatted as GUID, maybe needs to be reformatted from within OS X, won't bother as too much work (got loads of data & OSes on it) so booting from USB from UEFI is fine.

 

The motherboard is faulty from Intel manufacture can only use two SATA ports (6GB/s) the 4GB/s do not work, so I use a PCI-E 2X Sata adapter for extra SATA ports, does the job, but no UEFI, no issue for me.

 

USB 3.0 stopped working since Sierra in fact, this is why I sill use Yosem with Enoch to access USB 3.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bgrau said:

The SATA internal is formatted as GUID, maybe needs to be reformatted from within OS X, won't bother as too much work (got loads of data & OSes on it) so booting from USB from UEFI is fine.

I suggest you reformat it with macOS's Disk Utility as GUID with Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and do a clean instal of macOS

 

36 minutes ago, bgrau said:

The motherboard is faulty from Intel manufacture can only use two SATA ports (6GB/s) the 4GB/s do not work, so I use a PCI-E 2X Sata adapter for extra SATA ports, does the job, but no UEFI, no issue for me.

Well if the PCIe expansion card works fine then it's cool. 3GB/s SATA sucks anyway.

 

37 minutes ago, bgrau said:

USB 3.0 stopped working since Sierra in fact, this is why I sill use Yosem with Enoch to access USB 3.0.

If the USB 3.0 works with Chameleon/Enoch I'm positive that the issue is the USB Port Limit Patch because macOS wise a lot has changed from Yosemite to Sierra and later versions of macOS, as matter of fact as you can see in the patches list there is new patches for newer builds o macOS so give add them to the config.plist under the Kernel and Kext Patches.

 

41 minutes ago, bgrau said:

Thanks again, I will need to relearn all the good stuff of Chameleon/Enoch for Clover :)

You're welcome, don't worry once you get the hang of it it will be much easier to troubleshoot the issues on clover, besides there's a great topic dedicated to Clover here at: 

which can be helpful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bgrau said:

@Cyberdevs

I am getting old, 61 now, & with psychotropic psy drugs my mind not as sharp as 10 years ago, so I rely on good devs like you to do the heavy lifting ;)

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :worried_anim:

I'm hardly qualified as a dev :D but I try to do may part in the Hackintosh community the best I can, so if you needed more help with your hack just let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :worried_anim:

I'm hardly qualified as a dev :D but I try to do may part in the Hackintosh community the best I can, so if you needed more help with your hack just let me know.

Fooling around with computers keeps my neurons firing & my brain alive :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

I'm hardly qualified as a dev :D but I try to do may part in the Hackintosh community the best I can, so if you needed more help with your hack just let me know.

Hi

OK I tried to use latest Clover Configurator...

 

One first problem -

it expects kexts to be put in folder /EFI/Clover/kexts

but you put them in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

* got it missed the extra entry Other as Operating System

 

did you use an older or different version of Clover Configurator?

 

Next query, how to use patches, is it just ticking on the configurator entries?

Edited by bgrau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bgrau said:

Next query, how to use patches, is it just ticking on the configurator entries?

Yes just open your config.plist in clover configurator and add the patches under the Kext and Kernel Patches from list of patches drop down menu and by clicking the desired patch it will be added but make sure that Disable 

 

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 12.30.14 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes just open your config.plist in clover configurator and add the patches under the Kext and Kernel Patches from list of patches drop down menu and by clicking the desired patch it will be added but make sure that Disable 

 

 

Thanks

 

I used all patches for USB 10.14.x by PMHeart & saved it to config.plist - no USB 3.0 appeared, maybe I'm missing an extra setting? what Disable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bgrau said:

Thanks

 

I used all patches for USB 10.14.x by PMHeart & saved it to config.plist - no USB 3.0 appeared, maybe I'm missing an extra setting? what Disable?

Only use the patches in respect to the version of the macOS that you are using, for instance if you use 10.14.6 macOS Mojave use these patches:

 

Spoiler

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
83FB0F0F
83FB3F0F
USB port limit patch #1 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credit ydeng)
10.14.x

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
83E30FD3
83E33FD3
USB port limit patch #2 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credit PMHeart)
10.14.x

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
83FB0F0F
83FB3F0F
USB Port limit patch #3 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credits PMheart)
10.14.x

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
83FF0F0F
83FF3F0F
USB Port limit patch #4 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credits PMheart)
10.14.x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Only use the patches in respect to the version of the macOS that you are using, for instance if you use 10.14.6 macOS Mojave use these patches:

 

  Hide contents

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
83FB0F0F
83FB3F0F
USB port limit patch #1 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credit ydeng)
10.14.x

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
83E30FD3
83E33FD3
USB port limit patch #2 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credit PMHeart)
10.14.x

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
83FB0F0F
83FB3F0F
USB Port limit patch #3 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credits PMheart)
10.14.x

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
83FF0F0F
83FF3F0F
USB Port limit patch #4 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credits PMheart)
10.14.x

 

Exactly what I did only used 10.14 patches for Mojave 10.14.6, there are six of them, still no USB 3.0 - SIP is disabled too.

Edited by bgrau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bgrau said:

Exactly what I did only used 10.14 patches for Mojave 10.14.6, there are six of them, still no USB 3.0 - SIP is disabled too.

You only need 4 of them which I posted inside the spider in my previous post, just keep those 4 and remove the rest.

SIP has nothing to do with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

You only need 4 of them which I posted inside the spider in my previous post, just keep those 4 and remove the rest.

SIP has nothing to do with that.

well, not all of them are in the list of available patches, I might need to do this manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bgrau said:

well, not all of them are in the list of available patches, I might need to do this manually.

Yeah that's why I posted all of them here.

29 minutes ago, bgrau said:

It seems this guy might have the answer I need:

https://robig.net/blog/posts/mojave-hackintosh-usb-3-0-fix/

yes that's another way of making the USB ports active I never used that method though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah that's why I posted all of them here.

yes that's another way of making the USB ports active I never used that method though.

Actually the tool he points to "hackintool" has the option to add the patches you refer to

Spoiler

        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB port limit patch #1/4 10.14.x modify by DalianSky (credit ydeng)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/sPDw==
                </data>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g/s/Dw==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB port limit patch #2/4 10.14.x modify by DalianSky (credit PMHeart)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g+MP0w==
                </data>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g+M/0w==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB Port limit patch #3/4 10.14.x modify by DalianSky (credit PMheart)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/sPDw==
                </data>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g/s/Dw==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB Port limit patch #4/4 10.14.x modify by DalianSky (credit PMheart)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/8PDw==
                </data>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g/8/Dw==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

So I added them to config.plist but no dice, no USB 3.0 -

so I have no choice but do the extras suggested by the hackintool.

Did just using the patches work for your mobo? as it does not work for mine.

Edited by bgrau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bgrau said:

Actually the tool he points to "hackintool" has the option to add the patches you refer to

  Reveal hidden contents

So I added them to config.plist but no dice, no USB 3.0 -

so I have no choice but do the extras suggested by the hackintool.

Did just using the patches work for your mobo? as it does not work for mine.

Yes my USB 3.0 ports work. I only use the patches and the USBInjectall.kext.

Send me the config.plist that you are currently using. You can remove the serial number, MLB and other SBIOS related data I'll test it on my rig to see if that's the issue or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×